ADVERTISEMENT

Your road to the Big 12 title just opened up

kewlldude

Sooner signee
Dec 9, 2004
With Russell going down....I think you have a really good shot at beating the Fightin Waco Baptists....

So w/ TCU....their defense hasn't been great this year. Not sure how to stop boykin though...

With PRine and Mixon starting to ball, your chance to win the game is ball control.....keeping Boykin off the field...

You'll beat lil brother pretty easily...

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
With Russell going down....I think you have a really good shot at beating the Fightin Waco Baptists....

So w/ TCU....their defense hasn't been great this year. Not sure how to stop boykin though...

With PRine and Mixon starting to ball, your chance to win the game is ball control.....keeping Boykin off the field...

I agree...if I could convince my Sooner brothers and their little sisters as much...I'd be golden...:eek:

Convincing fans doesn't change the fact the one doing the heavy lifting is the team. Shortly we'll get to the point that the team that plays best as a team will rise to the top. Naturally, I think the Sooners can get it done, but just one slip and the playoffs become an impossible dream.

No more tomorrows now.

I agree...if I could convince my Sooner brothers and their little sisters as much...I'd be golden...:eek:

I guess after last year's reaming in Norman by the Baylor crew, there is guarded optimism even with Russell going down. Going to love seeing Frank Shannon making a difference this year. Striker has to be ready to get in this guy's (Stidham's) mind. I am sure TCU will be rattling his cage too....

There's still a lot of football left to be played. One thing is clear, you can't come out and play like at the red river shootout...I think Baylor is vulerable now with a true frosh at QB, even if it's at their compound.

As far as getting in the playoff....who knows what can happen with that. If you guys do win the Big 12, no title game could be bad if there are other 1 loss teams....

At least you get TCU at home...that's huge....if the crowd doesn't get up for that one...then they just suck....

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
We can't get cocky knowing that Stidham is at QB for the Bears. Under Briles' system, Mrs. Briles can replace Russell at QB and they'll still put up 40 points. The "Bear Way" and well-planned system remains in place and spare parts (Stidham) just slide right in without much of a drop-off.

The Bears would have to lose Linwood and their top WR before you'd see their play adversely impacted.

I like our chances - barring a major injury - better against TCU than Baylor. That said, all of our remaining games are winnable.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Convincing fans doesn't change the fact the one doing the heavy lifting is the team. Shortly we'll get to the point that the team that plays best as a team will rise to the top. Naturally, I think the Sooners can get it done, but just one slip and the playoffs become an impossible dream.

No more tomorrows now.
Someone chime in with the Apollo Creed gif "There is no tomorrow!!"

kewlldude, What school do you follow?

The no title game is crap that ESPN spews because FOX has the contract for the BIG12. No one on those shows ever, I mean ever, talk about Notre Dame not having a title game but yet they are discussed as a possible final four. And Walt Disney owns (ABC) and owns ESPN. It is disgusting.

There's still a lot of football left to be played. One thing is clear, you can't come out and play like at the red river shootout...I think Baylor is vulerable now with a true frosh at QB, even if it's at their compound.

As far as getting in the playoff....who knows what can happen with that. If you guys do win the Big 12, no title game could be bad if there are other 1 loss teams....

At least you get TCU at home...that's huge....if the crowd doesn't get up for that one...then they just suck....

Well he needs to rename himself cowdude......HA!

Yeah, sorry, I'm a horn fan....i don't like the new rivals....it's not an improvement IMHO...but I'm getting used to it....not sure why it says I'm a sooner signee....

So looking ahead to TCU, what do you think the biggest keys to victory are for you guys?

TCU is #68 against the rush in spite of having played a fairly soft schedule to date. Considering that many teams have resorted to throwing the ball to try to stay in the game, that ranking is probably conservative. A ball control power rush offense maximizes the possession time of the Sooner offense, and keeps TCU off the field.

If TCU shifts defenses to stop the run, take advantage by passing deep whenever possible.

Yeah, sorry, I'm a horn fan....i don't like the new rivals....it's not an improvement IMHO...but I'm getting used to it....not sure why it says I'm a sooner signee....

So looking ahead to TCU, what do you think the biggest keys to victory are for you guys?

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
Do what Ksu did offensively and wear out their Defense. Have someone smart and fast. Shadow Boykin all over the field and don't let their stud WR get free on the dead run. Ksu had them beat but their dbs can't stay with Boykin or their WR. Trouble with BU is they have two stud wrs and 1 really good rb. It will be fun. WS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT