ADVERTISEMENT

Your impressions of Dabo Swinney?

Sep 22, 2003
Just curious how much you know about him, other than he's the head coach of Clemson?
What are your impressions/ knowledge of him? Management style? Personality? Accomplishments? How he handles the press?
Just curious how he's viewed outside the Clemson bubble? Do you know much outside the ESPN drivel?

He had some great stories about how many times he almost went back to Alabama after he got back into coaching during an interview with Paul Fienbaum last week. Excellent interview!

Just curious how much you know about him, other than he's the head coach of Clemson?
What are your impressions/ knowledge of him? Management style? Personality? Accomplishments? How he handles the press?
Just curious how he's viewed outside the Clemson bubble? Do you know much outside the ESPN drivel?

What's not to like? Seems like a quality man, through and through.

Seems like a good guy. Players and fans like him and he has built a very cohesive team. Buying pizza for the fans and taking the team to an amusement park, wins a lot of style points.

Reactions: toadfrog
I think he's got a really good offensive mind and knew he needed somebody as of high quality on defense, and he went and got him one. Guy named Venebles. So far, it's been working out pretty well. Dabo has three straight bowl wins against some high quality heavy hitters. Three years ago, they beat LSU, the year after LSU played for the national title. Two years ago, they beat Ohio State the year before they won their national title. And last year, they popped OU by five touchdowns. Dabo can coach. About the only team they couldn't beat since BV got there, was one quarterbacked by Jameis Winston.

He is able to hire top quality coaches with top salaries. Brent I think gets 1.35 million now that Morris is gone. Morrison was at 1.3 million when he left. I think Brent made 850 grand when Morris was still at Clemson. The great fans pack the stadium and bring the noise. He has it going on there for sure.

I think he's got a really good offensive mind and knew he needed somebody as of high quality on defense, and he went and got him one. Guy named Venebles.

Be careful Plaino. Some of the locals may accuse you of flame baiting.

I like him fine but I think he is getting a little cocky acting. I'm getting tired of hearing about his pizza party

He is a great coach, a player's coach and apparently a very effective recruiter, and get the most out of his players, in much the same way Switser used to do

I think he's got a really good offensive mind and knew he needed somebody as of high quality on defense, and he went and got him one. Guy named Venebles. So far, it's been working out pretty well. Dabo has three straight bowl wins against some high quality heavy hitters. Three years ago, they beat LSU, the year after LSU played for the national title. Two years ago, they beat Ohio State the year before they won their national title. And last year, they popped OU by five touchdowns. Dabo can coach. About the only team they couldn't beat since BV got there, was one quarterbacked by Jameis Winston.

Plaino just to correct your statement...the 40-6 beatdown was 2014 not last year the 2015 season playoff where we lost by only 3 TDs lol

Dabo's aided by great high school football talent in his region and a weak ACC. He's a nice coach, but put him at Bama and I don't think he has anywhere near the success they've had under Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT