ADVERTISEMENT

WR Jaquaize Pettaway commits to OU

I’m not sure there are any better QB’s than Arnold after his showing at the Elite 11 camp. I know he moved up in Rivals ranking, but that dude is a 5 star. Only thing he doesn’t have is a prototypical frame for an NFL QB. The prototypical NFL QB is not what it used to be, however. It is evolving thanks to QB’s like Mayfield & Murray.

The four star from the Houston area chose OU over Texas. I guess we can compete with the Longhorns deep pockets.
Texas has a number 3 rated class snd OU has risen to number 31 according to Rivals. I’m not sure at this time if OU can financially compete with Texas but from what I’ve seen over the past decade, I’m not sure it matters.

I'll bet a year's check that we won't finish anywhere close to 31st. By the end of this month, we may well be in the top 15 or better. Let's see how things go. But so far, of the 8 or 9 maybe's making up their mind this month, we're two for two. both of them, we were competing with schools a lot closer to their homes.

I'll bet a year's check that we won't finish anywhere close to 31st. By the end of this month, we may well be in the top 15 or better. Let's see how things go. But so far, of the 8 or 9 maybe's making up their mind this month, we're two for two. both of them, we were competing with schools a lot closer to their homes.
As this is July 6, recruiting ratings are meaningless for the most part, just like preseason polls in August.
I don't doubt that OU will finish with another solid class, as usual.
OU has some highly rated players considering OU. I think a top 15 finish is very possible.

Of the 11 commitments so far:
9 are offensive players
2 are defensive players (two linebackers)
7 different states of origin:
Nebraska
Washington
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Colorado
Texas (4 players)
Oklahoma (1 player)
Venables going coast to coast for talent, but Pennsylvania and Virginia may reflect a Clemson connection.
Looks like a busy and productive July ahead.

Reactions: newnasty
I promise, thare are as many Sips in Houston as Aggies.

LOL
As many? Naw.. I disagree. There are a lot of Texas alum but not like the Aggies. Not these days anyway. Proximity is only half of it. The other is the liberal/conservative aspect. Now when you add the fan base (not just alum)
... Aggie runs away w/ it.

According to the SBNATION website, Aggie fandom is now "trending" over that of the Longhorns in both Houston and the DFW Metroplex.
It also says that in Houston, 24% of adults are ATM fans and 18% are UT fans. In the DFW area, the ATM fanbase has grown by 24% while the UT fanbase has dropped by 31%.
ATM's SEC membership has had a lot to do with this.

Last edited:
According to the SBNATION website, Aggie fandom is now "trending" over that of the Longhorns in both Houston and the DFW Metroplex.
It also says that in Houston, 24% of adults are ATM fans and 18% are UT fans. In the DFW area, the ATM fanbase has grown by 24% while the UT fanbase has dropped by 31%.
ATM's SEC membership has had a lot to do with this.
Nothing I'd worry about.

Could be that Texas isn’t offering that much because they think they’re flush. Regardless, it’s a good catch for OU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT