ADVERTISEMENT

Why would Freeman enter the portal?

I know the WR room is pretty deep but would have thought he would fit in...
Processed (we’re still 2-3 above the 85) & he wasn’t going to get much playing time at all. To say it’s pretty deep in that room would be an understatement:

Gibson
Farooq
Anderson
Anthony
Burks
Kearney
Hester
Thompson
Pettaway
Carreon

& that’s not even including the 5-6 TE’s in that room that you know will be split out wide at times.

I would imagine that he could be a player outside of the Power 5, errr, Power 4? And I suspect he can find a little, very little, NIL money someone. But not at OU. He was great against the worst team on OUr schedule that we beat 73-0. But against a team with a heartbeat, he was a non-factor in 12 games.

That's why he left.

Processed (we’re still 2-3 above the 85) & he wasn’t going to get much playing time at all. To say it’s pretty deep in that room would be an understatement:

Gibson
Farooq
Anderson
Anthony
Burks
Kearney
Hester
Thompson
Pettaway
Carreon

& that’s not even including the 5-6 TE’s in that room that you know will be split out wide at times.
They have already said he wasn’t processed

Gibson
Farooq
Anderson
Anthony
Burks
Kearney
Hester
Thompson
Pettaway
Carreon

Another incoming freshman, Zion Ragins, could be in the mix. He’s 5’8” 155 lbs with great speed. His videos are impressive.

Reactions: Salt City Sooner

Gibson
Farooq
Anderson
Anthony
Burks
Kearney
Hester
Thompson
Pettaway
Carreon

I thought he was a walk on?

Reactions: Dr.BillG
I won't speak negatively of the young man for who he is as a person because I don't know, but as a football player at the level of Oklahoma, he wasn't close to good enough. Maybe he'd have eventually rose to Drake Stoops levels but he was buried by to much talent.

Smart move on his part. He took a chance coming to OU, but its not easy to get on the field. Now he can have "played at OU" on his resume as he looks elsewhere.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT