ADVERTISEMENT

What's up My Nerds?

Got Rings?

Walk-on candidate
Jul 31, 2010
I leave you people for a few months and you go and change the entire look and set up of this board. Don't these new age computer nerds know that change is really hard for old folks?

For you board old timers do you like this new format and how long did it take to get used to it?

Comments, Predictions and some things to ponder:
I noticed S22 is back posting. Welcome Back S22, it's great having a board HOF back posting!

Anybody else in complete confusion about how good we are going to be this year? My gut feeling is we are going to be a Juggernaught on offense and better on defense but defense still suspect. We are going to score a lot of points people book it! Lincoln Riley is the real deal and our QB play will surprise people.

I heard a stat from last year that was very telling; Perine had only 200 yards less offense than the entire WR corps combined but he had twice as many TD's. If you take out Shepard's numbers its even a bigger disparity.
WR group must be better and they will be much better.

Shepard moving back to inside receiver will help the QB and Westbrook will be a Saunders 2.0.

Westbrook will be returning punts and will lead the Big 12 this year.

Mark Andrews will be a big receiver with good speed and will be hard to cover. He will be a big time help this year. Around 6'5" 245 lbs and runs a 4.65 4o yard dash and catches the ball well. Exciting.

Rumor has it that the players LOVE this offense and are very excited about playing in it. If they are excited, I'm excited.

We know what Perine can do and am excited to see what happens in this new offense with him and the good thing is that with so many weapons on offense it will save a lot of wear and tear on him and keep him fresh at the end of the year for our playoff run:)

MIXON will burst onto the national scene. This guy will be amazing this year. Book it!

Striker will not be dropping into coverage like he did last year. We utilize him better this year and we need him to have an AA type year for OU to make at winning the Big 12 and a chance at the 4 team playoff. Also, the secondary must play MUCH better this year. A couple Freshman must step up.

I don't want to ruin my reputation by being all positive so do you realize that it has been a 6 year drought since OU has won the Big 12 outright? I think I'm right on that.

Tennessee game is HUGE. I believe if we win this game we will make a run at winning the big 12. If we lose we could tank the season. I think we roll the VOLS. They will wonder who that Mixon guy is that destroyed their defense.

Trevor Knight will be the starting QB.

Carry on my Sooner Brethren!

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
I leave you people for a few months and you go and change the entire look and set up of this board. Don't these new age computer nerds know that change is really hard for old folks?

For you board old timers do you like this new format and how long did it take to get used to it?

Comments, Predictions and some things to ponder:
I noticed S22 is back posting. Welcome Back S22, it's great having a board HOF back posting!

Anybody else in complete confusion about how good we are going to be this year? My gut feeling is we are going to be a Juggernaught on offense and better on defense but defense still suspect. We are going to score a lot of points people book it! Lincoln Riley is the real deal and our QB play will surprise people.

I heard a stat from last year that was very telling; Perine had only 200 yards less offense than the entire WR corps combined but he had twice as many TD's. If you take out Shepard's numbers its even a bigger disparity.
WR group must be better and they will be much better.

Shepard moving back to inside receiver will help the QB and Westbrook will be a Saunders 2.0.

Westbrook will be returning punts and will lead the Big 12 this year.

Mark Andrews will be a big receiver with good speed and will be hard to cover. He will be a big time help this year. Around 6'5" 245 lbs and runs a 4.65 4o yard dash and catches the ball well. Exciting.

Rumor has it that the players LOVE this offense and are very excited about playing in it. If they are excited, I'm excited.

We know what Perine can do and am excited to see what happens in this new offense with him and the good thing is that with so many weapons on offense it will save a lot of wear and tear on him and keep him fresh at the end of the year for our playoff run:)

MIXON will burst onto the national scene. This guy will be amazing this year. Book it!

Striker will not be dropping into coverage like he did last year. We utilize him better this year and we need him to have an AA type year for OU to make at winning the Big 12 and a chance at the 4 team playoff. Also, the secondary must play MUCH better this year. A couple Freshman must step up.

I don't want to ruin my reputation by being all positive so do you realize that it has been a 6 year drought since OU has won the Big 12 outright? I think I'm right on that.

Tennessee game is HUGE. I believe if we win this game we will make a run at winning the big 12. If we lose we could tank the season. I think we roll the VOLS. They will wonder who that Mixon guy is that destroyed their defense.

Trevor Knight will be the starting QB.

Carry on my Sooner Brethren!
Where ya been rings?

Reactions: BillyRay
Great post GotRings. A good read and I love what you are saying. Thank you kindly for the shout-out.

I hope you read my answer to your question about your post count. I think it is fixable. Nice to see you back.

Nice post GR. The new format is rather EZ to get acclimated to. Sorta like High School in that there are still cliques and with the running totals of 'likes', Fitty so far, is our Homecoming King. The jury is still out on his Queen but several are in it to win it. :p Welcome back.

Thanks everybody. I'm not able to post as much as I used to but will as I'm able.
Boomer Sooner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT