ADVERTISEMENT

TWO SPORT QB

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
From ESPN

While the Super Bowl pits two quarterbacks who were both MLB draft picks, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady aren't the only signal callers who thrived in multiple sports . The potential No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft, Jameis Winston, was also a baseball star for the Seminoles. And in the high school ranks, the nation's top-rated quarterback, Texas A&M commit Kyler Murray, could be an early-round MLB draft pick even though most expect him to play football in college. Cody Thomas also two sport.

Originally posted by soonerfastnloud:
From ESPN

While the Super Bowl pits two quarterbacks who were both MLB draft picks, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady aren't the only signal callers who thrived in multiple sports . The potential No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft, Jameis Winston, was also a baseball star for the Seminoles. And in the high school ranks, the nation's top-rated quarterback, Texas A&M commit Kyler Murray, could be an early-round MLB draft pick even though most expect him to play football in college. Cody Thomas also two sport.
I knew about all other of those guys except Tom Brady. Had no idea he was drafted...

Murray will never play a down in the SEC at qb he is like 5'9.... Much better baseball player anyway. It would be so great watching the SEC Defenses kick his tail though LOL

Murray can throw it 5'9 or not, but he'd be better off in baseball, big money if he's 1st round, even if he doesn't make the show

That's fine, rh, but he doesn't even sniff Drew Brees height.

I also made a post about the height of the past champion qbs. Outside of Alabama's qbs which had ridiculous lines, rbs, wrs, and defense; I think the shortest champion qb was about 6" taller than Kyler.

Also, I won't say I watched all of Kyler's games, but I watched most of two, and he threw too many prayers off of his heels. Throws that are guaranteed to be picked at the next level.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sec defenses are being lit up pretty good by zone read QBs. Kyle Murry would be welcome at OU.

Kyler Murray is looking towards a high MLB draft pick in the summer.

I would enjoy watching a 5'9" QB at a D1 program, regardless.

That would be interesting to watch unfold.

yep we only see the highlight reels jcon, Drew Brees and Russel Wilson appear to be the exception in the NFL, Flutie was too short in the end, Murray could still play zone read qb at DI level. If baseball wasn't an option, I wonder if he wouldn't have a better shot at the NFL at the slot.

the kid is one phenomenal shortstop. i saw him on numerous occasions last year and the field is a baller. only kid ever to play in the under armour football and baseball games.

i actually played against his uncle calvin murray growing up. calvin played for the dallas mustangs youth organization and i was with the dallas tigers. i believe calvin still holds the UT record for stolen bases in a career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT