ADVERTISEMENT

This is the second year OU hasn’t played the conference championship weekend

Might be a bit Oklabama. As optimistic as I can be, it sure seems like we got a lot to fix and fast. The SEC will chew up this team if it continues to play like this. I am still a "wait and see" on Brent but my fingers are crossed.

Might be a bit Oklabama. As optimistic as I can be, it sure seems like we got a lot to fix and fast. The SEC will chew up this team if it continues to play like this. I am still a "wait and see" on Brent but my fingers are crossed.
Me too, frou. Not a good feeling.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I feel this is a turning point. Retooling rebuilding strengthening...or falling into the pit of misery. New guys coming in have loads of potential...if coached properly. If not more of the same. I can’t even begin to watch a crap bowl game...

I feel this is a turning point. Retooling rebuilding strengthening...or falling into the pit of misery. New guys coming in have loads of potential...if coached properly. If not more of the same. I can’t even begin to watch a crap bowl game...
I will watch as much as I know I will spend a lot of time cussing the TV. Probaly will be one grumpy individual at work the next day. I just hope the opponent isn't Arkansas since my wife is a Hog fan. I would prefer OU lose to anyone but them.

See the Condoms last night, that is where we were with Riley and Grinch. No adjustments at halftime on either side of the ball. Riley can win with a few better players on offense but will always suffer from a lack of focus on the D and a lack of halftime adjustments. What I saw last night was what we saw when TBOW was the OU HC. His whole staff was outcoached last night. Not that ours wasn't through much of the Season this year but Riley has not learned a darn thing being a HC. It really was like watching an OU team when he was here.
Good riddance FRAUD TACO TECH CLONE. Enjoy him Condoms!
I wonder if he said Fight On after his Post Game Presser last night. 🤣🤣🤣

See the Condoms last night, that is where we were with Riley and Grinch. No adjustments at halftime on either side of the ball. Riley can win with a few better players on offense but will always suffer from a lack of focus on the D and a lack of halftime adjustments. What I saw last night was what we saw when TBOW was the OU HC. His whole staff was outcoached last night. Not that ours wasn't through much of the Season this year but Riley has not learned a darn thing being a HC. It really was like watching an OU team when he was here.
Good riddance FRAUD TACO TECH CLONE. Enjoy him Condoms!
I wonder if he said Fight On after his Post Game Presser last night. 🤣🤣🤣
Riley was feeling the pressure or he wouldn’t have let his prize pupil play after pulling a hamstring especially with another game to play this season. The announcer kept saying that Williams “wouldn’t come out of the game”. Wonder how that would have gone over with Bob Stoops?

Riley was feeling the pressure or he wouldn’t have let his prize pupil play after pulling a hamstring especially with another game to play this season. The announcer kept saying that Williams “wouldn’t come out of the game”. Wonder how that would have gone over with Bob Stoops?
Riley was always the passive wussy. Now he ruin the Trojans.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
The resurgence needs to occur before the move to the SEC. A big jump can be made in year 2 but we'll need a number of guys on both sides to step up. With consistency and confidence in making decisions, Gabriel is capable of being all conference and that's a good start.

The resurgence needs to occur before the move to the SEC. A big jump can be made in year 2 but we'll need a number of guys on both sides to step up. With consistency and confidence in making decisions, Gabriel is capable of being all conference and that's a good start.
I do believe we will see this resurgence in 2023 my man. 👍

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I do believe we will see this resurgence in 2023 my man. 👍

I'm probably a little more optimistic than most. I think we got a couple of guys with the right attitude coming up at tackle in Taylor and Sexton. With Raym and Mettauer back that's a potentially tough offensive line. Barnes and Major are hard runners. Mims gives us a go to guy at WR and Farooq has big play ability.

Defensively, Grimes, Downs, Thomas, Stutsman, Lawrence, Coe, Washington and Bowman is a solid foundation.

I'm probably a little more optimistic than most. I think we got a couple of guys with the right attitude coming up at tackle in Taylor and Sexton. With Raym and Mettauer back that's a potentially tough offensive line. Barnes and Major are hard runners. Mims gives us a go to guy at WR and Farooq has big play ability.

Defensively, Grimes, Downs, Thomas, Stutsman, Lawrence, Coe, Washington and Bowman is a solid foundation.
With these two studs returning Raym and Mettauer, the other OLlinemen will fall into place. Bedenbaugh knows. Taylor and Sexton will contribute next season I believe.

Let's go frogs. Would love to see you win and then also win a playoff game. Garrett Riley doing something big brother couldn't. Little brother could also beat big brother for the Heisman

Chess not checkers lol. Been telling USC fans this is what you get. Better than 6-6 but we still have to wait and see what's in store with Brent.

2023 Stutsman, Washington and Downs turn the page.

I'm afraid you and I will never see it, if it ever even happens. Mercenary Joe sold our souls with this stupid move to the SEC. We'll be fighting the likes of Arkansas and Mizzou to stay one rung above Vandy.
It was many days ago that posters on this board were complaining about the Big 12 conference. The objections to bringing in a Cincinnati and/or Houston to the Big 12 would have only lowered the status of the league. Then there was the SEC will enhance OU recruiting. And my favorite was “we’re Oklahoma” – we won football championships before all the recruits were even born. And there was all the additional funds OU will receive in the SEC.

Riley saw trouble for his future. If the league change did not occur he might still be here even though his style of offense will thrive on the west coast and the Pac 12. Surprise, SC is moving to the BIG10. Success is to be determined. And with the SC moving to the BIG10 will Riley be the new head coach of the Houston Texans?

I am not suggesting that Oklahoma is doomed. With the right coaches the SEC move might be a positive. I never thought that UH would repeat what they had in 1980’s basketball especially in the AAC. UH got the right head coach. Too bad he figured out how to coach after he left OU. For those who say football is not the same as basketball you are correct. But which team will have an easier path to the football playoffs - a TCU/K-State from the Big 12 or a SEC Oklahoma? If a team is not in the playoffs the only thing to be discussed on this board will be OU “shoulda” ….

Last edited:
It was many days ago that posters on this board were complaining about the Big 12 conference. The objections to bringing in a Cincinnati and/or Houston to the Big 12 would have only lowered the status of the league. Then there was the SEC will enhance OU recruiting. And my favorite was “we’re Oklahoma” – we won football championships before all the recruits were even born. And there was all the additional funds OU will receive in the SEC.

Riley saw trouble for his future. If the league change did not occur he might still be here even though his style of offense will thrive on the west coast and the Pac 12. Surprise, SC is moving to the BIG10. Success is to be determined. And with the SC moving to the BIG10 will Riley be the new head coach of the Houston Texans?

I am not suggesting that Oklahoma is doomed. With the right coaches the SEC move might be a positive. I never thought that UH would repeat what they had in 1980’s basketball especially in the AAC. For those who say football is not the same as basketball you are correct. But which team will have an easier path to the football playoffs - a TCU/K-State from the Big 12 or a SEC Oklahoma? If a team is not in the playoffs the only thing to be discussed on this board will be OU “shoulda” ….

When I think of OU and texass in the SEC I see Missouri, aTm, South Carolina and Arkansas. Those 4 additions to the SEC haven't really done a whole lot since joining. Arkie has won the West Div a couple of times yrs ago best I can remember and Missouri got 1 or 2 Eastern Div Titles a few yrs ago when the Big Boys of that Div were down. I don't believe SC has ever won their Division and neither has aggie.

There is a pecking order in the SEC and those 4 Programs are not and will likely never be at the top of it. Aggie is trying to buy their way up in the pecking order but as of yet it hasn't come to fruition. Arkansas wants to get up there as well, some piggie fans like a lot of aggie fans think they are already at the top, both fan bases have Bama's Ego with Vanderbilts Trophy Case.
My point is the SEC chews up and spits out Coaches regularly these days and OU may find itself in the same boat. That Conference is very competitive (it may be too competitive) and everyone wants to be at the top but there is only so much room at the trough.
And then I think of Nebraska and Colorado as well. Schools that enter a new Conference just don't seem to do very well especially in Football. And here we sit at 6-6 and have not even entered the Conference yet. One good thing is the softness that was TBOW is gone and hopefully we can build it back before we move but its gonna be a tough row to hoe if the turnaround takes a long time. Brent has his hands full right now and we as fans can't do anything but wait and see how it all plays out.

When I think of OU and texass in the SEC I see Missouri, aTm, South Carolina and Arkansas. Those 4 additions to the SEC haven't really done a whole lot since joining. Arkie has won the West Div a couple of times yrs ago best I can remember and Missouri got 1 or 2 Eastern Div Titles a few yrs ago when the Big Boys of that Div were down. I don't believe SC has ever won their Division and neither has aggie.

There is a pecking order in the SEC and those 4 Programs are not and will likely never be at the top of it. Aggie is trying to buy their way up in the pecking order but as of yet it hasn't come to fruition. Arkansas wants to get up there as well, some piggie fans like a lot of aggie fans think they are already at the top, both fan bases have Bama's Ego with Vanderbilts Trophy Case.
My point is the SEC chews up and spits out Coaches regularly these days and OU may find itself in the same boat. That Conference is very competitive (it may be too competitive) and everyone wants to be at the top but there is only so much room at the trough.
And then I think of Nebraska and Colorado as well. Schools that enter a new Conference just don't seem to do very well especially in Football. And here we sit at 6-6 and have not even entered the Conference yet. One good thing is the softness that was TBOW is gone and hopefully we can build it back before we move but its gonna be a tough row to hoe if the turnaround takes a long time. Brent has his hands full right now and we as fans can't do anything but wait and see how it all plays out.
I wonder how many of the four B12 newcomers (BYU, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati) would have still joined the conference if OU and Texas weren’t going to the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT