ADVERTISEMENT

The Sooners better be ready to run and avoid penalties in Ames Saturday

3-4 Cyclones vs the 4-3 Sooners. The Cyclones could easily be undefeated though. Can't say that for our Sooners. Texas mauled us. This is going to be a tough game. At least the weather should be prime, no end of October spooks.

Speaking of weather, woke up to a black cloud over "The Valley" this morning. Bums setting abandoned buildings and dumpsters on fire. What an awesome place I live in. Took me forever to get the junior to school.

Cyclones soccer coach accused of verbal abuse and body shaming is the only news that pops up right now. :)

• Wow
Reactions: iasooner2000
Iowa State has a star at WR...and that's about it. If there were a game for the defense to build some confidence, it's Saturday.

Offensively, if we can run the ball and open up the pass, or vice versa, it would be a safe bet that Lebby and Gabriel have figured it out and we may be able to outscore our opponents the rest of the way.

Is the clones defense better at the run or pass? I understand they're a top 10 defense. Even at 3-4.

Pretty good at both. Success in the run game though will be a must. A part of me thinks we've only seen the tip of the iceberg from Lebbys scheme and Saturday we're going to see some new stuff.

Reactions: iasooner2000
3-4 Cyclones vs the 4-3 Sooners. The Cyclones could easily be undefeated though. Can't say that for our Sooners. Texas mauled us. This is going to be a tough game. At least the weather should be prime, no end of October spooks.

Speaking of weather, woke up to a black cloud over "The Valley" this morning. Bums setting abandoned buildings and dumpsters on fire. What an awesome place I live in. Took me forever to get the junior to school.

Cyclones soccer coach accused of verbal abuse and body shaming is the only news that pops up right now. :)
Their defense is about 1000x better than the OU D. That's why I'm worried about this one.

The Iowa State defense has steadily improved with Joe Heacock as DC. Campbell was smart to retain him as defensive coach when he took over the program five years ago. Campbell's an offensive guy but must have seen something in Heacock who has been at Iowa State for seven years now. So Iowa State has one the country’s best defenses with 3 star recruits. Watch Heacock Saturday and see if he doesn't change from a 3 man to a 4 man front pretty much throughout the game. I like that. Even so, I look for Lebby to call a good game and we win. Just a feeling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT