ADVERTISEMENT

Starting now

Man tough call. But I kind of lean towards trotting Evers out there. Kid is a true freshman and let him go thru his growing pains now on the field. At least play some young kids that will use the experience next season to build on.
This program was in a rebuild-for-the-future mode as soon as Venables was hired.
What matters now is getting the younger players developed for the future while trying to win 3 more games to get into a bowl.
Let Evers or Booty compete for the starting job. Get RB Sawchuk some carries along with the other backs or try him at WR.
49-0 is an epic failure, but so was 55-19 in a championship game with USC, a 40-6 loss to Clemson and a 63-28 loss to LSU in CFB playoff games. Getting beat by such scores reflects a lack of prioritizing having a championship-caliber defense and playing with lesser talent than the opponent each time. Both Stoops and Riley went through this.
Venables has the resources at hand to build OU into a good SEC team, but players that HE recruits have to make it possible. That has to happen after a tear-down-build-back-up effort. It appears now that it will require two more seasons to be SEC-ready.

This program was in a rebuild-for-the-future mode as soon as Venables was hired.
What matters now is getting the younger players developed for the future while trying to win 3 more games to get into a bowl.
Let Evers or Booty compete for the starting job. Get RB Sawchuk some carries along with the other backs or try him at WR.
49-0 is an epic failure, but so was 55-19 in a championship game with USC, a 40-6 loss to Clemson and a 63-28 loss to LSU in CFB playoff games. Getting beat by such scores reflects a lack of prioritizing having a championship-caliber defense and playing with lesser talent than the opponent each time. Both Stoops and Riley went through this.
Venables has the resources at hand to build OU into a good SEC team, but players that HE recruits have to make it possible. That has to happen after a tear-down-build-back-up effort. It appears now that it will require two more seasons to be SEC-ready.
Brother it was apparent Gabriel was a band aid. I think from here on out it's Evers stearin this ship. Whorn's banned me from their board tonight🤣. Not surprising though, they're mod is loosed skinned

Its kinda surprising that the coaches saw all three QB's and honestly thought Beville gave us the best chance of winning. Either they are clueless or the other two QB's are awful
No,Evers is the answer. Imo.🤣

Last edited:
I've read that Dillon will be ready to play next week.
If he’s ready, you can bet the house that Gabriel will start. If HE is over throwing open receivers, Booty or Evers may come in but I would be surprised to see Beville. If we do, that will say a lot about where we’re headed.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Im sure Gabriel will be back and he's our best option at the moment. I will extremely disappointed and concerned if Beville takes another snap this season.

I'll also be extremely concerned if we once again see zero changes defensively. The troops need to rally and I think that starts with Brent and his attack as well as some fresh faces. No gimmicks, just a more aggressive plan and some guys that want to come hit somebody. Simplify it and let them play. If we can't win that way at least we can accept that we tried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT