ADVERTISEMENT

Special teams disgraceful

He had had more negative plays than positive ones. Peyton Bowens was a stud return man in high school, but #15 Thompson back there.

By crew do you mean coaches? Actually I don’t think we have a real special teams coach. It’s kinda a group deal. If so we’d have to fire several. If I’m right, what kind of deal is that??
Special teams by committee isn't working. 1 Coordinator! 1 very smart coordinator.

I was surprised they kept him in there after that first muffed punt. I bet he won't be doing it next year!

I can understand (a little) why BV doesnt put a true offensive starter back there to return punts. Demarco was a stud returner, he was injured on a return keeping him out of the NC game. Maybe that thought is in his head.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Sadly I think the kid just freaks out about 3 seconds before the ball gets to him!! I cant remember and OU punt returner with such sad catching skills.
He returned a punt for a TD against a ridiculously bad team. He's kind of overmatched against P5 teams. He really hasn''t looked that good since the end of September. He's not a real threat at receiver. Not a good blocker. I fear this is one of those cases on OUr team, that if you have a great attitude, you get to play more.

Reactions: kcstorm06
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT