ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners now have a 4-star QB coming in for 2016 and 2017....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Riley is getting down to business in a hurry.
Austin Kendall (North Carolina) in 2016....rated a a pro-style QB.
Chris Robison (Mesquite Texas) in 2017....he's the first 2017 commitment....rated as a dual threat QB.

Riley is getting down to business in a hurry.
Austin Kendall (North Carolina) in 2016....rated a a pro-style QB.
Chris Robison (Mesquite Texas) in 2017....he's the first 2017 commitment....rated as a dual threat QB.
Hey CT. Another great OU get. OT...How 'bout that AL East? Things getting considerably tighter.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Hey CT. Another great OU get. OT...How 'bout that AL East? Things getting considerably tighter.

Boomer Sooner
The AL East is not very strong, especially with NY and Boston in decline. I think when the smoke clears, Toronto and Baltimore will be possible playoff teams. Tampa needs hitting. The 2015 Yankees are dying with old, brittle and overpaid players. At the same time however, the future for NY has not looked this good in 20 years as the farm system is showing some life.

Last edited:
The AL East is not very strong, especially with NY and Boston in decline. I think when the smoke clears, Toronto and Baltimore will be possible playoff teams. Tampa needs hitting. The Yankees are dying with old, brittle and overpaid players. At the same time however, the future for NY has not looked this good in 20 years as the farm system is showing some life.
I don't know, CT. This year especially, the AL East appears to be dominant in the AL - if not all of MLB - with their intra-division competition. Pitching, defense, power bats, and timely hitting are the hallmarks for success and all the top 4 in the East have them. If the Red Sox can get their bullpen going strong, it could be an exciting summer in the East.

In my mind, the Central and West Divisions are loaded with pretenders. After the All-Star break, I believe the East will feast on the other divisions which will keep the logjam in the East tight. JMHO.

Boomer Sooner

You may be right. I just believe outside of San Francisco, St Louis, Kansas City and Houston, there aren't any prolific teams in baseball. I hope, realistically, Houston rises to the top. That fan base has suffered too long and the new brain trust seems to have things clicking.

You may be right. I just believe outside of San Francisco, St Louis, Kansas City and Houston, there aren't any prolific teams in baseball. I hope, realistically, Houston rises to the top. That fan base has suffered too long and the new brain trust seems to have things clicking.

Astros need another quality starter and a 1B. But I agree the new ownership has the team moving in the right direction. Correa, the 20yr old is a phenom and appears to have a huge career ahead of him.

Don't look now but the top 4 teams in the AL East are within 1 game of 1st place. NY and TB are tied for 1st (NY is actually a few percentage points ahead), O's are a half game out and the BJ's are 1 out. Baltimore plays the 2nd game of their doubleheader tonight and if we beat the Tribe, there will be a 3-way tie for 1st. The top 4 all have at least 40 wins each.

Thanks 22 for the likes. You're a good man.

Boomer Sooner

AL East is clearly the best race so far of any division and each of the top 4 teams has a winning record outside the division. I see a very shaky Yankees team destined for another non-playoff season.....the Red Sox can't be ignored, but the chemistry isn't there so far and the magic personnel moves of 2013, when the team signed 8 free agents who all contributed significantly in winning a championship, haven't happened.
I see moves by many teams coming by August 1st. My hope as a Yankees fan is that the team hangs on to its top tier prospects, of which there are at least 10. It was Yankee patience, aided by Steinbrenner's suspension in the early 1990's (and trading for Tino Martinez, Jeff Nelson and Paul O'Neill) that enabled the team to hang on to youngsters like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Williams, Leyritz and Pettitte.

AL East is clearly the best race so far of any division and each of the top 4 teams has a winning record outside the division. I see a very shaky Yankees team destined for another non-playoff season.....the Red Sox can't be ignored, but the chemistry isn't there so far and the magic personnel moves of 2013, when the team signed 8 free agents who all contributed significantly in winning a championship, haven't happened.
I see moves by many teams coming by August 1st. My hope as a Yankees fan is that the team hangs on to its top tier prospects, of which there are at least 10. It was Yankee patience, aided by Steinbrenner's suspension in the early 1990's (and trading for Tino Martinez, Jeff Nelson and Paul O'Neill) that enabled the team to hang on to youngsters like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Williams, Leyritz and Pettitte.
I like the Yankees chances this year especially when they get Miller back. He and Betances at the end of the bullpen are electric. Sabathia is still serviceable and Nova's back. If Pineda can get it going again, they have a solid chance. The Yankee bullpen is strong enough that the starters only need to go 6 innings and, in some cases, 5. If the position players can stay healthy - a big if - they're solid offensively especially when they get Elsbury back. Tex, McCann, and Arod are tearing it up so far.

Gonna be an interesting summer.

Boomer Sooner

I like the Yankees chances this year especially when they get Miller back. He and Betances at the end of the bullpen are electric. Sabathia is still serviceable and Nova's back. If Pineda can get it going again, they have a solid chance. The Yankee bullpen is strong enough that the starters only need to go 6 innings and, in some cases, 5. If the position players can stay healthy - a big if - they're solid offensively especially when they get Elsbury back. Tex, McCann, and Arod are tearing it up so far.

Gonna be an interesting summer.

Boomer Sooner
Unless he reinvents himself, Sabathia is done. His decline is hurting the team.....and so far, outside of Betances, there has not been a solid righty reliever to pitch the 6th or 7th innings to get to Betances and Miller. I'm hoping rookie Bryan Mitchell can solve that issue.
Tanaka is not the pitcher he was a year ago and I think his right arm could blow up on him any time now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT