ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners have a new DT commit.

We desperately needed a DT. Low center of gravity with a good push looks promising and 10 sacks from a NG/DT type is solid at any level. Kid needs some S&C at OU but the desire looks there (any chance he's a Jan enrollee?). Instead of some desperate reach on a JUCO kid or whatever, this kid looks solid for a 3*. If we can flip Hicks (looking good), he could also spin down since he's already 270 (at least be the SDE who can shift inside when we blitz from that side).

We desperately needed a DT. Low center of gravity with a good push looks promising and 10 sacks from a NG/DT type is solid at any level. Kid needs some S&C at OU to but the desire looks there (any chance he's a Jan enrollee?). Instead of some desperate reach on a JUCO kid or whatever, this kid looks solid for a 3*. If we can flip Hicks (looking good), he could also spin down since he's already 270 (at least be the SDE who can shift inside when we blitz from that side).

Spot on. A true disruptor in the middle is what we've been missing for a long time.

And no Taylor Wein, DE from TN, thread for the kid who committed yesterday? He is a BEAST on film. Read a free Josh article that said he flew under the radar as far as offers because he's so much better his senior year and senior film just got out there (and apparently USC just offered as well): His profile:

Wein is going to be a player. I don't know I've seen a kid with his wingspan. Vasak was a loss but I bet Wein and him have very similar careers. He can easily add 20-25 lbs to his frame. Diamond in the ruff.

Wein is going to be a player. I don't know I've seen a kid with his wingspan. Vasak was a loss but I bet Wein and him have very similar careers. He can easily add 20-25 lbs to his frame. Diamond in the ruff.

Vasek will regret his decision in 2 seasons. Watching Downs drop into coverage on zone blitzes should give any athletic, hybrid DE something to think about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT