ADVERTISEMENT

Some things to ponder

Jan 8, 2017
1) Beville is the worst qB I’ve ever seen play for OU. And has no business in a P5 uniform. He is awful. OU had to use the wildcat Saturday bc of this. Your defense is hopeless with this guy at QB. What defense can get up for an offense that is the worst in OU history with Beville at QB
2) Kstate definitely broke OU’s spirit in Norman a bit. No way around it. That OU team slaughtered NU on the road for a reason. So the potential is there. However…..
3) Gabriel was about to cut it to 34-24 on that drive vs TCU and would have been a new ball game. Instead he goes out and Tcu scores again. Defense can only do so much from there if your offense can’t Move the ball 5 yards .
4) Billy Bowman is the anchor to the OU secondary and has been out since kstate game. Most talented player there for sure. He’s back for KU.
5) Gabriel now back for KU. I think people want to throw the baby down with the bath water on OU but I wouldn’t yet. I think they smash KU this Saturday and get some confidence going again. And still get to 8-4. Heck 2009 was 8-5. It happens. Sometimes you have to hit the reset button.

Reactions: Belldozer1
1) Beville is the worst qB I’ve ever seen play for OU. And has no business in a P5 uniform. He is awful. OU had to use the wildcat Saturday bc of this. Your defense is hopeless with this guy at QB. What defense can get up for an offense that is the worst in OU history with Beville at QB
2) Kstate definitely broke OU’s spirit in Norman a bit. No way around it. That OU team slaughtered NU on the road for a reason. So the potential is there. However…..
3) Gabriel was about to cut it to 34-24 on that drive vs TCU and would have been a new ball game. Instead he goes out and Tcu scores again. Defense can only do so much from there if your offense can’t Move the ball 5 yards .
4) Billy Bowman is the anchor to the OU secondary and has been out since kstate game. Most talented player there for sure. He’s back for KU.
5) Gabriel now back for KU. I think people want to throw the baby down with the bath water on OU but I wouldn’t yet. I think they smash KU this Saturday and get some confidence going again. And still get to 8-4. Heck 2009 was 8-5. It happens. Sometimes you have to hit the reset button.
But Beville said he felt "calm, cool and collected" the whole time he was out there. Not even he realizes how horrific he is.

I honestly kinda feel sorry for the guy. Its not like he went out there and tried to do a bad job. He just doesn't possess the talent for what he was asked to do. He probably never thought in his wildest dreams he would be the starting QB for the RRR

Beville is not good but let's face it, the game plan or play selection they dial up for this guy is not good for his abilities. Practice should have worn this guy out on 3 step drop-back and quick release passes down field. Not out in the flats or wide screen type plays. He is 6'6" and about 240 lbs. He cannot move fast or far without facing bad consequences. He runs like he has no knees, straight bone from hip to ankle!!!! This said, we have Booty, the leading juco passer last year. Surely, he is a better passer. Why are we not seeing Micah Bowen and Nick Evers. Forget redshirts. We have a 5 star coming next year. Pull out the biggest guns we have and fire away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT