ADVERTISEMENT

Screw those guys on the pay site...

Final interview tomorrow. I'm on a money grab.
mny2.gif

Well, really, the only difference is on CC there are, I'd say 25 times the active posters there as we have here.
It moves really fast too.
It's like the adjustment a high school prep football kid has to make when he gets into the college game. Zoom zoom!
If you start a thread and it's a dud, it will be on page two before sundown. Pretty amazing.

(not to mention the obvious, and that is those on the CC get a little more leeway in their postings because, caching! They're paying for that privilege)

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
Well, really, the only difference is on CC there are, I'd say 25 times the active posters there as we have here.
It's like the adjustment a high school prep football kid has to make when he gets into the college game. Zoom zoom!
If you start a thread and it's a dud, it will be on page two before sundown. Pretty amazing.

(not to mention the obvious, and that is those on the CC get a little more leeway in their postings because, caching! They're paying for that privilege)
I take it that the duds comes from personal experiences?...o_O

Exactly!! I don't get on here enough to post over there and keep up with conversations on the pay side. I am a pay member mostly for the ability to read up over there when I am able to.

Typically speaking though, this board is always pretty slow this time of the year. A few OT threads keeps it going. I'll start another.

They won't let SiC, Wufee and I mention Mexicans because we're so offensive. Yet they permit the dreadful term "Native American". Native American is one born in the Americas. Anyone. Yet calling American Indians, Indigenous Americans and Aboriginal Americans "Native American" is okay. But they decide what offends. We don't.

The original Little Red of the Kiowa labored until his death to bring back the OU tradition he had created. Activist Indians allied with white Utopians to block. Many Oklahoma Indians took a dim view or couldn't care less.

I know two Indigenous American professors at Colorado State University and one at UCLA. I've never heard "Native American" cross their lips. All three use American Indians or Indians.

The docile and lovable "civilized" Choctaw publish the "Native American Times". Many of us believe the elders "play along" because they're "civilized". The "civilized" Indians are so because easy for white man to sneak up on.

And no. I will not call an "uncivilized" Comanche "Native American" to his face.

I know the Blackfeet, Crow, Umatilla, Lumbee, Choctaw, Kiowa, Comanche, Navajo, etc. We don't say "Native American". I won't even call the dreaded Cherokee of the Eastern Band with whom I've battled for years "Native American".

Censorship and political correctness bring the worst(best) out of me. I want to kick those ****ing walls down. If you are easily offended I'm coming at you hard to offend you. Especially if you display faux empathy and compassion for a cause that you'll forget the next week.

Your carbon footprint is too large and my girlfriend is an illegal alien.

Come on 22.
Let's see, the appropriate PC description of your gal is...a yet to be naturalized citizen, formerly economically deposed from a less than prosperous country, forced to come here and made to suckle on the teet of Democracy and Freedom, totally at the expense of the American taxpayer...

I kid, I kid.
Well, the last part about at the expense of the American taxpayer. Just a joke...don't send out the swarthy hit men, plz.:cool:

Black Dutch? "Black Dutch" is a generic term dreamed up in the 1830s to avoid persecution from government. "Black German" and "Black Irish" were lesser used.

Say I work for the U. S. Census Bureau around 1838 in Morgan County, Alabama. I ask you, "What is your race?" You answer, "white". Aw com'on", I say. "You ain't white. Then you tell me, "my mother was "Black Dutch".

Admit to Indian and sometimes African and you packed your bags for Oklahoma. Many claimed "Black Dutch" descent. Didn't work for my bunch. They packed their bags.

I actually know people who have visited the Netherlands, Germany and Ireland looking for black natives.

If you hear of Black Dutch in your family, it likely means Indian and/or sub Saharan African descent.

Yep, there are two schools of thought on that term Black Dutch.

One is the people that just cringe at the thought of having black blood in their pedigree.
They claim the 'black' is derived from a Germanic people that were from the Black Forest. (Germany)
The other, like me, who don't give a crap ascribe to a lineage that black folk did mix with some people from Holland a looooong time ago. (Melungeon)

Either way, I can't possibly do anything to change it now.
I am what I am...I'm Popeye the Black Dutch/French man...hoo hoo!

(by the way, y'all can call me the N word...don't even care!)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT