ADVERTISEMENT

Sam and Demarco...The Jolly Greens...

I'm not a big NFL fan and especially anti-Dallas so I'm happy these two are moving to Philly together. I think I may be persuaded to watch the Eagles' games this season. I would love to see DeMarco continue his success and for Sam to finally have success. I'll be rooting for the Sooner duo.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I am rooting for them but unfortunately they are going to have a tough season this year. Just don't see the Philly D holding up all year. Chip is an arrogant egomaniac and the Cowboys are by far the superior team in the East.

With the Cowboy personnel losses, I do not see them as any clear favorite. Their line is built to run it, but they have a stable of mediocre running backs. They have a 36 y o quaterback with a bad back. Their best offensive player is an idiot. You do not win championships relying on stupid people.

IF, big IF, Sam stays healthy, the Iggles are no worse than a toss up with Dallas.

Dallas bulked up their draft with a player so stupid that he tested positive AT THE COMBINE, and with a murder suspect. And with that great citizen, Greg Hardy. Talk about a house of cards ...

Dallas may win it. But they are not a clear favorite.

Reactions: Oklabama
With the Cowboy personnel losses, I do not see them as any clear favorite. Their line is built to run it, but they have a stable of mediocre running backs. They have a 36 y o quaterback with a bad back. Their best offensive player is an idiot. You do not win championships relying on stupid people.

IF, big IF, Sam stays healthy, the Iggles are no worse than a toss up with Dallas.

Dallas bulked up their draft with a player so stupid that he tested positive AT THE COMBINE, and with a murder suspect. And with that great citizen, Greg Hardy. Talk about a house of cards ...

Dallas may win it. But they are not a clear favorite.

Murray was NFL mediocre until he stayed healthy and ran behind that line.

I'll never root for the Eagles. Never. I don't care what former Sooner plays for them. I cheered for Sam & Murray as Sooners and also in their pro careers, but now that they are in the NFC East and not as a Cowboy, I'll wish them good health but alot of losses.

Reactions: PryorFan
Murray was NFL mediocre until he stayed healthy and ran behind that line.

I'll never root for the Eagles. Never. I don't care what former Sooner plays for them. I cheered for Sam & Murray as Sooners and also in their pro careers, but now that they are in the NFC East and not as a Cowboy, I'll wish them good health but alot of losses.

WNAS, I respect your Dallas fan mentality because I feel just the opposite. I've never been a Cowboys' fan except when Barry was coaching there, and I have taken a lot of crap about it from some of the Dallas fans over the years...to the point, I don't even talk about it anymore. Seems that if you live in Oklahoma everyone just assumes you follow the Cowboys. I've never had too much interest in Philadelphia, but now that the Eagles have two Sooner greats in the back field, I'm going to watch them play every time their game is on local cable and root for them to do well. While I didn't root for Dallas while Murray was playing for them, I did want him to succeed even if it meant that the Cowboys won. I guess I don't hate Dallas that much.

No worries...I can handle it! :). Me cheering for the Eagles would be equivalent to you cheering for Okie St. because a high school kid you liked decided to play ball for them. Having said this, I'm happy Murray is finally getting a non-rookie contract. Sam was the last QB to get a fat cat contract upfront. Murray had to wait on his. I think both will do well under Chip's offense. I even expect them to at least split the annual two game series. Murray will have a chip on his shoulder (no pun intended) when he runs against the Cowboys. Both were great Sooners and I'm proud of their character and play while thet were in Sooner uniforms. I hold nothing personal against either of them and as soon as they lose those green unifoms, I'll once again cheer them on, but I can't and won't ever cheer for an Eagle's win. :eek:

When I was a kid, it was easy to pull for the Iggles. Tommy McDonald was my dad's favorite player, and the Iggles drafted him. In 1960, his fourth season, they won the NFL title, the last time they've done that, and Tommy scored a touchdown on the only team to ever beat Lombardi's Packers in the post season.

Now 55 years ago, but they were about my second favorite team, behind Unitas' Colts.

But after Buddy Ryan, it's pretty easy to be an Iggle hater. We'll see how Sam and Demarco play. I'll still pull for the Cowboys, but if they're out and Sam and Demarco are still in, it won't kill me if they do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT