It won’t be
kifin: saban and the Bama AD soured on him lately
lanning : Nike money and 20 mil buyout contract
Sweeney : lost his swagger and seen as out of touch

it could be

DeBouer from Washington
Norvell from Florida state
sarkisian from texas
Of those Sark would be the most likely for the reasons you pointed out, imo.

Reactions: Mario74
Of those Sark would be the most likely for the reasons you pointed out, imo.
Sark would make sense, but he has Texas in a decent spot and Texas has more $$ than Bama. Smart may be heading to the NFL so the 2 powerhouses in the SEC may both need head coaches.

I think it will be Lanning. He would be on my list and I thought he would have been a good hire in Norman. However would he have bolted from Norman like he may with Oregon.

Really doubt he wil be Sark as Texas has plenty of money. Whoever gets that Bama job will have tons of pressure on him following Saben

As for Smart, doubt he takes a NFL job. Why would he with what he has built at UGA?

Reactions: iasooner2000
I doubt Sark would ever take the job, but he's gotta be one of the first people called.
Personally, I would love to see him go! I don't care for what he is doing at TX. (winning) Just glad we beat them this year! I also know they print their own money in TX. Money will never be an issue for the wronghorns.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
I doubt Sark would ever take the job, but he's gotta be one of the first people called.
Personally, I would love to see him go! I don't care for what he is doing at TX. (winning) Just glad we beat them this year! I also know they print their own money in TX. Money will never be an issue for the wronghorns.
Plus Ewers announced he was returning next year. Im sure he talked to Sark before making that decision.

Who was the better coach? Saban or Belichick. I guess it just depends on how you measure their careers.
I'm going to go with Saben, cause I watch way more college football.

Last edited:
Who was the better coach? Saben or Belichick. I guess it just depends on how you measure their careers.
I'm going to go with Saben, cause I watch way more college football.
first Saban is spelled with an "a" some will say since Saban worked under Belichick that Belichick would be considered the better coach, to peas in a pod

These are the names of coaches that keep floating around.
Mike Norvell
Kalen DeBoer
Kiffin
Sark
Swinney
Probably be Kiffen?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT