ADVERTISEMENT

Philly's spanking it .

Go Houston, as for the other series either team is fine as far as I am concerened. No $$$$ Dodgers in the NLCS is a thing of beauty.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I met a guy last night that placed a $100 bet in March that the Astros would beat the Phillies in the World Series this year. His odds are 5500 to 1. Yep ,that is a cool $550,000 if the Astros win. He seemed to be very knowledgeable of the MLB. His wife said baseball is a religion to him. He was rattling off names and stats from his grandkids teams to the SF Giants (his MLB team).

Just based on game times, if the Astros were to sweep the Yankees tonight, they could be the second team to secure a spot in the WS.
Padres and Phillies play their game 5 this afternoon.
My daughter and son-in-law have secured 2 tickets for game 2 of the WS and 4 tickets for game 7.

Go 'Stros.

And it will be the Astros' a chance to avenge the 1980 NLCS playoff loss to the Phillies. That one hurt.
My all-time favorite player was the the MVP of the world series, Mike Schmidt. My Eagles played the Raiders in the Super Bowl shortly thereafter. Kenny King shined in that game for the Raiders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT