ADVERTISEMENT

OU loses to Sam Houston

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
52-51. Sam Houston hits a 3 leaving only 1 sec on clock. Sooners had a 12 point lead with just over 6 to go and just like last season couldnt put the opponent away.

Watched the first half and it was pretty ugly, they couldnt buy a bucket, and 14of 21 turnovers happened in first half. This team is young, Moser has an uphill battle in front of him. Like BV, I think hes the right man for the job, Moser needs a couple of seasons to get his recruits in here.

I doubt the girls will be better than third in the conference. We'll see. They played poorly in the second half last night, after setting a record for points in the first. But the front line ladies sat more than they played in the 2nd half.

I doubt the girls will be better than third in the conference. We'll see. They played poorly in the second half last night, after setting a record for points in the first. But the front line ladies sat more than they played in the 2nd half.

Not uncommon after being up by 30. Seemed like she played with some lineups in the second half.

Girls took a beating last night 124-78. I dont know I have ever seen a girls team score 124 points, at least not against a top 20 team.

OU has a very curious women's hoops team. We are capable of pouring it on against competition that's a notch below us. But we are not truly sound defensively. And we're trying to go really fast. We have some nice depth this season, and it's going to take a while for the players to learn how to play together, and for Coach Baranczyk to finalize her playing rotation.

One peculiar thing right now, is that we have a retuning All Conference player, Taylor Robertson, who isn't a great defensive play, though maybe a little underrated in that area, but is an elite shooter. Maybe there is a reason I don't know about, but her minutes seem to be getting cut more than a little. And she's not the first option much. Coach is finding out about her team.

They've added some much needed length, but we're still way to small to be elite. Coach B is getting some recruiting improvement. That matters later. But I saw us play ND last year at home in the playoffs and the defense got absolutely smoked. Apparently, the D still has a ways to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT