ADVERTISEMENT

OU going beat KU?

Dec 1, 2001
I'm a Venables fan. I think he will turn it around next Sat. I was in Norman 2 weeks ago for the kstate game. You guys didn't give me any trouble as a kstate fan. I'm pulling for you.

I'm a Venables fan. I think he will turn it around next Sat. I was in Norman 2 weeks ago for the kstate game. You guys didn't give me any trouble as a kstate fan. I'm pulling for you.
Short answer to your original question….nope!

This team beat Kansas? Hell we likely won't win another game.
200.gif

We MIGHT beat WV and Iowa State. All other games are more than likely losses. Are we going to become Nebraska? I hope not
Agree.
Venables' credibility is on the line now, fairly or unfairly. And I can't see winning over Baylor, OSU, Texas Tech and West Virginia on the road.
What OU brings to the Kansas game will tell a lot about the team and its coaches as it enters the second half of the season.

We MIGHT beat WV and Iowa State. All other games are more than likely losses. Are we going to become Nebraska? I hope not
I asked a similar question after it was announced that OU would be joining the SEC. Needless to say my question was ridiculed. In conjunction with your question, I'm wondering if Riley was concerned about the same issue.

This is about as bad as I've seen it, or felt it. Seems as if no one is on the same page. In the post game presser everyone was dressed in suit and tie, even the players. No one looked happy or like they even wanted to be there. Strange times these next few weeks, strange times indeed.

You can take rah rah feelings so far, but this team has quit. From #6 to oblivion. We are driving down the mountain road at night with no headlights. And picking up speed. Will we go over the edge and lose the rest of the games?

Why switch from a 4 man front to a 3 man front? Had great success with the 4 man. Havent won a game when using a 3 man front. Hopefully, Roof and BV are smart enough to realize that the 3 man isnt working. If we stay in the 3 man and Beville is the QB next week then let the conspiracy theories begin.

Reactions: kcstorm06
Why switch from a 4 man front to a 3 man front? Had great success with the 4 man. Havent won a game when using a 3 man front. Hopefully, Roof and BV are smart enough to realize that the 3 man isnt working. If we stay in the 3 man and Beville is the QB next week then let the conspiracy theories begin.
While at Clemson, Venables ran a 4-3 while using his LBs for pressure in certain situations. But he had great players. The only reason for him to change is because the talent level at DL isn’t here at OU. We just don’t have the numbers. That’s the only explanation, IMO. I don’t think Roof has anything to do with the defensive set.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I can understand talent might not be there, but we have 21 guys on the roster listed as a DL. Surely out of those 21, 6-8 of them could give you some production. 8 of them are 290lbs+

A post elsewhere says OU is a seven-point favorite. I'll bet it moves almost as much as last week.
Vegas odds aren't based on an opinion of who will win. They're based on balancing the bets so that they win. People will bet OU on name recognition alone while the reality is that KU is a considerably better team than OU this year and should be favored.

The fanbase is going to go berserk if we lose to Kansas at home. If the Kansas QB is healthy then I believe we will indeed lose

The fanbase is going to go berserk if we lose to Kansas at home. If the Kansas QB is healthy then I believe we will indeed lose
The KU coach hasn’t even indicated what the injury is so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the starter play Saturday.

The KU coach hasn’t even indicated what the injury is so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the starter play Saturday.
Leipold has said he’d classify Daniels as “doubtful” for Saturday. I’m not sure how much benefit it is though, because Bean is the guy who gave us fits last year.

Oh, & fwiw, the spread is now 8.

Now they are saying Booty was going to start against TX, but had some sort of allergic reaction right before the game?????

Now they are saying Booty was going to start against TX, but had some sort of allergic reaction right before the game?????
He wears contacts & had a reaction. Essentially, he couldn’t see.

Also, it was just announced on the Rush that Daniels is out for the year with a shoulder separation.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Agree.
Venables' credibility is on the line now, fairly or unfairly. And I can't see winning over Baylor, OSU, Texas Tech and West Virginia on the road.
What OU brings to the Kansas game will tell a lot about the team and its coaches as it enters the second half of the season.

Meh. BV will eventually play the younger guys, if for any reason to show the 2023 & 2024 recruits he'll start younger guys. I also think he'll tell 8, 10 maybe 12 players to portal at the end of the season. He's going to be forced to rebuild this team via the portal.

Meh. BV will eventually play the younger guys, if for any reason to show the 2023 & 2024 recruits he'll start younger guys. I also think he'll tell 8, 10 maybe 12 players to portal at the end of the season. He's going to be forced to rebuild this team via the portal.
You got hobbies other than cfb. 🤣

I think KU's backup quarterback is at least as good as Gabriel has shown so far.

Some of us forget that Dillon played less than half the season last year due to injury, and missed the last two months of the season. That's something that can affect a guy's fundamentals at least. He has been more erratic than previously in his career, and is in a new place with all new teammates, and now that the conference has started, competing against much tougher competition than previously in his career.

We've really only played one game, Nebraska, where we had a clear superiority at quarterback when Gabriel played, and were no comparisons when our backups have played. OUr quarterbacking since DG got hurt, has to have been bottom 10 in all FBS football.

It will be interesting to see how involved our fans are Saturday, and how much impact they can have on KU's backup quarterback, who has over a dozen career starts previously in his career, also not against much P5 competition. From what we saw of Daniel on the sideline last week, I don't know if he's going to miss the rest of the season, but I'll be very surprised if he suits up in Norman. Maybe they''ll run him out there in pregame, if they can get his harness off.

Reactions: CTOkie
This team is in free fall right now, and I don't see you could pick them to win against anybody in the Big XII. What was the combined score of the KSU, TCU and TX games? 140 - 35?

I honestly think Brent will build a winning program here within the next two years, but it won't surprise me if Kansas cleans our clocks tomorrow.

This team is in free fall right now, and I don't see you could pick them to win against anybody in the Big XII. What was the combined score of the KSU, TCU and TX games? 140 - 35?

I honestly think Brent will build a winning program here within the next two years, but it won't surprise me if Kansas cleans our clocks tomorrow.
Evers or Booty? Right now? 😁

I asked a similar question after it was announced that OU would be joining the SEC. Needless to say my question was ridiculed. In conjunction with your question, I'm wondering if Riley was concerned about the same issue.
The only thing Riley is concerned about is himself. That's his only and top issue. That dude can piss off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT