ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Makes you wonder

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
I got this from a friend in Yukon, OK. Gave me a chuckle.,

"It just dawned on me why Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet.....nobody was married. Here are the single people that come to mind. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Ernest T. Bass, the Darlin family, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara... In fact, the only one married was Otis and he stayed drunk".

"It just dawned on me why Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet.....nobody was married. Here are the single people that come to mind. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Ernest T. Bass, the Darlin family, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara... In fact, the only one married was Otis and he stayed drunk".
Hello doll lol. Good one Bama...never thought of that before.

I thought Charlene Darling was married to Maynard G. Krebs. Maynard disguised as Dudley Wash. But Maynard can't fool me. I would recognize him anywhere. Maynard could hide on a uncharted desert isle and I would still recognize him.

Eventually Andy made Helen an honest woman - that is if we can assume shenanigans occurred even in Mayberry. Thelma Lou ran off with another guy. How she could miss on a man like Barney is unfathomable. But Thelma Lou got what she deserved. Her marriage ended in divorce after one year.

Last edited:

Great post Bama. This was and still is one of my favorite TV shows. And there is no doubt that Don Knotts' role as Barney Fife is the greatest TV sitcom character EVER created!

Yeah, that show was must see TV in my formative years. The first time I laid eyes on Barbara Eden
was her debut on 'Andy'.
Also, way more laid back. PC, just a meaningless couple of letters in the alphabet.

I loved it. Andy would take dates out and shoot crows, leave them laying and no one bitched about
It. Ah, good times.

Barney Fife. That's says it all. I loved watching him grabbing at his shirt pocket to get his bullet. Laughing just thinking about all the great stuff that group of characters provided. I was also a big fan of Floyd....he was a hoot.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Oh, and to dispel a vicious ongoing rumor...Floyd was not gay!
He was a bumbling, confused fellow for sure, but he could lay that pipe with the best of them.

(rumor holds that he gave Helen Crump free bikini waxes every summer)
Mrs. Costanza: Jerry, I can see. He's so neat and thin. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

George: Of course not...

Deputy Barney Fife: Oh, boy, you're just full of fun today, aren't ya? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?

Or in Floyd's case wax...

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT