ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Free Movies (public domain) that may be worth a watch

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
I know there are some guys out there like me, who like old movies. They don't need to be big-budget box office hits. They can be B movies, and especially my personal favorite... old black & white film noir. So for my like-minded friends, please link some freebies that might be worth watching. I'll start with one totally retarded drug-culture flick from 1977, and one great film noir classic from 1938 in the following post.

In Hot Pursuit (1977)
This was call "Polk County Pot Plane" when it was first released.

https://youtu.be/mph3KhbkzpE

Here is my offering. To say this movie is cheesey would be a huge understatement. It's so awful that it's wonderful. Enjoy.

Oh and 22, I'll curse you to my dying day for that one hour and 27 minutes I lost to "In Hot Pursuit." That was simply terrible, but much of it references the metro ATL area, talking about Jonseboro, Pickens and Clayton county. Gotta love drug smugglers in the deep south in the early 70s.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Wild Guitar

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Originally posted by Schoonerman:

Here is my offering. To say this movie is cheesey would be a huge understatement. It's so awful that it's wonderful. Enjoy.

Oh and 22, I'll curse you to my dying day for that one hour and 27 minutes I lost to "In Hot Pursuit." That was simply terrible, but much of it references the metro ATL area, talking about Jonseboro, Pickens and Clayton county. Gotta love drug smugglers in the deep south in the early 70s.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Ha ha ha. You're welcome Schoonerman! lol.

Thanks for the link. I like those juvenile delinquent movies. I've seen a bunch of them but not Wild Guitar. I've got it bookmarked. Up until recently, Hot Rods to Hell was a freebie, but now YouTube is charging for it.

Here is one that I've seen a bunch of times. Good movie. Steven Spielberg's first. And it's a freebie.

Dual (1971)

https://youtu.be/09c8G-rMsJ0

Originally posted by Section22Sooner:

In Hot Pursuit (1977)
This was call "Polk County Pot Plane" when it was first released.
Pretty sure that fitty was the 'Key Grip' for this one but missed his name in the credits...

And did you catch the masters' trademark cameo in Sabotoge? I believe I did at about the 12:58 mark...
This post was edited on 4/19 3:50 PM by iasooner1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3526810/

This is the most Academic (meaning as non biased as possible) look at the subject I have ever seen. It's six hours long, but if you watch an hour or two a night, it's really captivating.

No thanks. Hitler is right where he needs to be.

From the link provided...

"...about one third into the documentary it became very clear to me that this was a neo-Nazi apologist's propaganda campaign.

I also looked at the sources for the video and recognized many revisionist and denialist names/websites. "

http://www.quora.com/Holocaust-Denial/How-plausible-is-Adolf-Hitler-The-Greatest-Story-Never-Told

Last edited:
No thanks. Hitler is right where he needs to be.

From the link provided...

"...about one third into the documentary it became very clear to me that this was a neo-Nazi apologist's propaganda campaign.

I also looked at the sources for the video and recognized many revisionist and denialist names/websites. "

http://www.quora.com/Holocaust-Denial/How-plausible-is-Adolf-Hitler-The-Greatest-Story-Never-Told

How would you know? All you know about him is what the media tells you. I've studied the media since 1991, I have a Ph.D. in the subject and teach it in Hollywood. Trust me, if they constantly are telling you one thing, you should look at the other side.

And, I'm not neo-Nazi. Name calling is what people do when they can not destroy an argument with facts/logic.

How would you know? All you know about him is what the media tells you. I've studied the media since 1991, I have a Ph.D. in the subject and teach it in Hollywood. Trust me, if they constantly are telling you one thing, you should look at the other side.

And, I'm not neo-Nazi. Name calling is what people do when they can not destroy an argument with facts/logic.

Dude. I don't get my history lessons from the media. I know a lot about WWII history from my education and from my P-47 Thunderbolt pilot father who flew over Normandy on D-Day, flew countless sorties the month following as well as The Battle of the Bulge. I don't listen to the total nonsense of the Hitler apologists. I won't even argue the subject any further. History cannot be revised.

I hope this thread can get back on topic.

Last edited:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3526810/

This is the most Academic (meaning as non biased as possible) look at the subject I have ever seen. It's six hours long, but if you watch an hour or two a night, it's really captivating.

I will have to check this out. I LOVE WWII history. Hitler was a complex personality. Best to watch/listen/read from numerous sources of information, then make up your mind. The end result of course will always be the same, in that he was one of the most evil men in history, but the depth of his life and personality goes far beyond that. And understanding the mans life and history, you get a better picture of what led him to go down the road that he did. And of course you can use such lessons and knowledge to the present day.

If you have never seen the movie Downfall, then I highly suggest adding it to your watch list. Hard to believe that movie was made in present day Germany, with how "taboo" present day Germans treat that part of their history.

I will have to check this out. I LOVE WWII history. Hitler was a complex personality. Best to watch/listen/read from numerous sources of information, then make up your mind. The end result of course will always be the same, in that he was one of the most evil men in history, but the depth of his life and personality goes far beyond that. And understanding the mans life and history, you get a better picture of what led him to go down the road that he did. And of course you can use such lessons and knowledge to the present day.

If you have never seen the movie Downfall, then I highly suggest adding it to your watch list. Hard to believe that movie was made in present day Germany, with how "taboo" present day Germans treat that part of their history.

Exactly! More information is always good information in my book.

Wild Guitar

Schoonerman, if you weren't such a great guy, I think I'd never speak to you again. I got around to watching Wild Guitar today. The entire flick. Good Lord, that was absolutely horrible. Ha ha ha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
And understanding the mans life and history, you get a better picture of what led him to go down the road that he did.

Not really. I've read his life story extensively, as well as Mein Kamph. Sure, there were events in his life, and the cultural prejudice against Jews, that can account for his disdain for them, but nothing so radically different from most other anti-semites that would lead to his mind-boggling overreaction to their existence.

Schoonerman, if you weren't such a great guy, I think I'd never speak to you again. I got around to watching Wild Guitar today. The entire flick. Good Lord, that was absolutely horrible. Ha ha ha!

Glad to know you hated it! LOL! It is one truly terrible movie. Loved the scene when the stripper is sent in to seduce the young guy and "his girl" walks in on them!

OK guys. GSX... Fitty... all you guys who appreciate a good anti-drug film, this is it. I promise you will love it and hate it. It has all the ingredients for a classic and I'm surprised it never made it to the midnight showings back in the 70's.

Hooked on drugs after the first joint.
Heroin usage and a life of crime follows.
Horrible acting.
Horrible plot.
Horrible editing.
Hott junkies who like to undress.
Death by cop.
All the cool daddy-o slang.

Phuk, Hitler was a drug addled simpleton.

The stupid bastard didn't know come here from sic 'em, and it was only because of his ill deserved cult of personality that he ever got laid, the little mixed Jewish bitch!

I'm not sure about 'simpleton'. Except for a massively flawed gambit to invade the Soviet Union, all of Europe might be speaking Deutsch right now.

He could have made Britain capitulate, lock up the entire Western front, then turn his attention to the commies...they had a non-aggression pact together.

ADVERTISEMENT