ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DEFLATEGATE PUNISHMENT...

I am surprised, but believe the punishment is fair. The Patriots cheated intentionally in a playoff game. This had impact on who won the Super Bowl. So the punishment needed to have the same impact. I don't much care for Belichick, but I also think that he's the best coach in football. And I don't think this happened outside his knowing about it. He and Brady are very tight.

This punishment impacts Brady, it impacts Belichick and it impacts ownership. I also know that there are those who think that the tight relationship between the commissioner and Robert Kraft have lessened previous penalties on New England. This was a message that had to be sent. The Patriots thought they were above the rules. It takes something this severe to change that mindset.

Patriots employees (locker room attendant and assistant equipment man) have been indefinitely suspended without pay. Why not a four game suspension too? :rolleyes:

I imagine because they eventually ratted out Brady. There is nothing about the Patriot organization I like. Nothing. I actually think they got off a tad light. They cheated. Again.

I rather like the Patriots. But, if they did this in order to win a Super Bowl, the punishment should include the forfeit of that game. This is like punishing someone with a $100 fine for stealing $1,000,000.

I rather like the Patriots. But, if they did this in order to win a Super Bowl, the punishment should include the forfeit of that game. This is like punishing someone with a $100 fine for stealing $1,000,000.
$1,000,000 fine. That is shocking. That is a lot of money. I would not be surprised if that $1,000,000 represents every bit of profit from the sale of the Parriots's XXXXX-large "We are the champion of the world" t-shirts.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
images

Patriots employees (locker room attendant and assistant equipment man) have been indefinitely suspended without pay. Why not a four game suspension too? :rolleyes:

The guys who need the job most (ball boy and the "official") are the ones who will pay the heaviest price. Brady sitting out four games is a slap on the wrist considering how much he makes (not to mention his wife's earnings!). I think a four-game suspension for the two guys would be fair, but the cynic in me says Kraft and/or the NFL end up terminating their employment.

As for the Pats, the $1M fine and the loss of a #1 and #4 draft pick over the next couple of years seems about right.

The guys who need the job most (ball boy and the "official") are the ones who will pay the heaviest price. Brady sitting out four games is a slap on the wrist considering how much he makes (not to mention his wife's earnings!). I think a four-game suspension for the two guys would be fair, but the cynic in me says Kraft and/or the NFL end up terminating their employment.

As for the Pats, the $1M fine and the loss of a #1 and #4 draft pick over the next couple of years seems about right.
Would you accept the same as the Pats if "your" NFL team would win the next Super Bowl?

Insert Houston Oilers logo here ______.

If we as Sooner fans could go back and pay the same price as Auburn, would we be accepting of the situation based on the same NC result as Auburn?

Several people mentioned the ones who suffered most were the peons (ball boy, etc.) rather than the big boys. (So what else is new?) Anyway, I heard a report somewhere that the Pats had to pay their salaries as part of the punishment. Not sure how long they have to pay.

I am surprised, but believe the punishment is fair. The Patriots cheated intentionally in a playoff game. This had impact on who won the Super Bowl. So the punishment needed to have the same impact. I don't much care for Belichick, but I also think that he's the best coach in football.

I don't care for Belichick, but I also think he's the best around. I think the punishment was actually lighter than it could have been. I firmly believe that since they did this in a home playoff game, they were doing this numerous times before during regular season games and just didn't get caught. I think their whole organization searches for edges and advantages wherever they can find them, this and the spying being prime examples. I think they're lucky it wasn't a season long suspension for Brady and others plus the loss of all their draft picks for a year.

Several people mentioned the ones who suffered most were the peons (ball boy, etc.) rather than the big boys. (So what else is new?) Anyway, I heard a report somewhere that the Pats had to pay their salaries as part of the punishment. Not sure how long they have to pay.
Brady and the Patriots probably did not get what they deserved.....but they certainly got what they asked for with displays of arrogance and obstruction. No sympathy for this franchise, its coach or Brady is warranted.

I don't care for Belichick, but I also think he's the best around. I think the punishment was actually lighter than it could have been. I firmly believe that since they did this in a home playoff game, they were doing this numerous times before during regular season games and just didn't get caught. I think their whole organization searches for edges and advantages wherever they can find them, this and the spying being prime examples. I think they're lucky it wasn't a season long suspension for Brady and others plus the loss of all their draft picks for a year.

It's been reported that the Colts reported them to NFL officials in week 11. So, yes, I too believe their shenanigans took place on multiple occasions in 2014 and most likely throughout his career.

ADVERTISEMENT