ADVERTISEMENT

Ok,,,Who's in and Who's out?

frou

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Of this message board I'm talking about??
We need some thread starters,,,I mean Our OU softball team just went 52-1 and not one thread about it?
Are we all moving to a new playground? Somebody weigh in here!!

I have tried to get O’Conells to be more active but it is lacking opinions plus Fitty and SoonerInLOUisiana are still in ‘jail’ sadly

Of this message board I'm talking about??
We need some thread starters,,,I mean Our OU softball team just went 52-1 and not one thread about it?
Are we all moving to a new playground? Somebody weigh in here!!
I've watched every game that has been televised in my area and also watched the youtube videos. These gals are good offensively and defensively. My daughter played and made All State in Texas and played in college so I'm used to watching. I'd rather watch a good softball game than MLB (too slow and too long). These OU gals were first in BA, first in ERA and first in defensive fielding avg. First time in NCAA softball that that has happened. A three peat is not unobtainable but will be very difficult. Just ask the number two ranked team UCLA (52-5) who was just eliminated in their regional.

I’ve watched every televised game on ESPN+ and others available and can say this may be the best ever. Great defense, great pitching, great hitting and that “it factor”.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I've watched every game that has been televised in my area and also watched the youtube videos. These gals are good offensively and defensively. My daughter played and made All State in Texas and played in college so I'm used to watching. I'd rather watch a good softball game than MLB (too slow and too long). These OU gals were first in BA, first in ERA and first in defensive fielding avg. First time in NCAA softball that that has happened. A three peat is not unobtainable but will be very difficult. Just ask the number two ranked team UCLA (52-5) who was just eliminated in their regional.
The personnel losses that UCLA has incurred in the last couple of years have demonstrated two or three things.

One is that when great players leave, their terrific replacements aren't necessarily as good. UCLA has two terrific pitchers. But they aren't Rachel Garcia, who was special. And despite having great, they only won one natty.

Two, their HC is good, but she's not Patty Gasso, who might just be the GOAT. The culture she has built is phenomenal. Details for another thread.

Three, the overall state of college softball is unique and at an all time high. On a side note on that, there is still a big problem with SEC prejudice at the top of the game's structure.

Bama getting a five seed was absurd and then the committee took care of the SEC in brackets. And still they fall. There are some SEC softball coaches especially at LSU and a couple of other places that l hope stay forever. Leave it at that.

They have every advantage. But they play the opposite. No good SEC school had done to them what was done to "the player of the year" at Clemson. Somehow Bama doesn't have to face that. And we'll see how things work out.

But the committee has assured that at least one SEC team will make the WCWS. And l'm still pissed off about the Bama partially.

Does it show?

Reactions: SoonerSA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT