ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Northwestern in Dublin

Scottsdale.Sooner

Sooner starter
Jan 2, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona (most of the time)
It's still early in the game. I predict that Lebby will pick the Cornhusker's defense apart. Nebraska is making Northwestern appear much better than they are. Conversely, NW secondary and Dline are not very active. Both QBs are playing well but it is more about the level of resistance they are facing. OU 38 - Neb 24

Reactions: iasooner2000
I have not been impressed with the NU D at this point. Unless NW is better than I think the Wildcat O is moving the ball easily.

NU offense behind thompsaon isn’t bad and he is showing he can make the throws. Biggest ? Is just how does the OU D compare to NW? Will our new D give Thompson this much time to throw?

Overall good game to watch though.

I have not been impressed with the NU D at this point. Unless NW is better than I think the Wildcat O is moving the ball easily.

NU offense behind thompsaon isn’t bad and he is showing he can make the throws. Biggest ? Is just how does the OU D compare to NW? Will our new D give Thompson this much time to throw?

Overall good game to watch though.
Turned the game on about an hour ago if. Neb D looked gassed by the half imo. Cfb is here fellas. 😁

If Nebraska ends up losing this game, they'll be the best 0-1 team in the nation.

Two trains of thought here:
(1). Scratch Debby off the “dangerous” list in Lincoln
(2). Got a “wounded” animal defending their home
Hopefully we have the horses to wear them out at least as well as the mild cats did. It will be an interesting game

Last edited:
Northwestern isn't a great team, but they do have a pretty solid OLIne. And they kicked Cornhusker butt most of the game. When you're getting beat up, it's easy to get gassed. Nebraska played a lot of two deep safeties, and most any decent P5 team can run against a seven man front, that has two deep safeties most of the day. It didn't make sense, especially when the Huskers went on defense in the 4th quarter, down a field goal, and seemingly played a cover two the entire drive. Even the 3rd team FOX broadcast crew referenced it more than once.

Thompson made some plays. The scramble that led to the go-ahead touchdown in the 2nd half was a terrific play. And before Nebraska decided to onside kick after taking an 11-point lead, he was pretty solid. Afterward, he was hurt by receivers that didn't make catches. A couple of times it led to tipped picks. Nebraska seemed to have only one real athlete at wide receiver, and while he made a couple of nice plays, he also had important drops and a lost fumble that was mostly about lack of ball protection.

The Huskers had two different 11-point leads. They looked terrific in the first quarter, but that's kind of a same ole, same ole. I believe they are now 5-26 in one score games under Scott Frost. A lot of those games, they had leads early. But first games can be weird, especially against a peer opponent, and more especially when you're playing overseas. I think it's a horrible idea for any program to agree to play in Ireland in August. It's just so disruptive to your preparation as a team. Don't know who made that call.

I still think Nebraska, in Lincoln will be a potentially dangerous game for us, unless the wheels fall off before the trip. I think the Huskers are a better team than they were last season, despite the lackluster 2nd half today. And last season in Norman, they played us very tough. We should beat them, but strange things can happen. It will be this team's first game against a truly hostile crowd. That's when we truly find out how much OUr players have mastered a new offense and a new defense.

Northwestern isn't a great team, but they do have a pretty solid OLIne. And they kicked Cornhusker butt most of the game. When you're getting beat up, it's easy to get gassed. Nebraska played a lot of two deep safeties, and most any decent P5 team can run against a seven man front, that has two deep safeties most of the day. It didn't make sense, especially when the Huskers went on defense in the 4th quarter, down a field goal, and seemingly played a cover two the entire drive. Even the 3rd team FOX broadcast crew referenced it more than once.

Thompson made some plays. The scramble that led to the go-ahead touchdown in the 2nd half was a terrific play. And before Nebraska decided to onside kick after taking an 11-point lead, he was pretty solid. Afterward, he was hurt by receivers that didn't make catches. A couple of times it led to tipped picks. Nebraska seemed to have only one real athlete at wide receiver, and while he made a couple of nice plays, he also had important drops and a lost fumble that was mostly about lack of ball protection.

The Huskers had two different 11-point leads. They looked terrific in the first quarter, but that's kind of a same ole, same ole. I believe they are now 5-26 in one score games under Scott Frost. A lot of those games, they had leads early. But first games can be weird, especially against a peer opponent, and more especially when you're playing overseas. I think it's a horrible idea for any program to agree to play in Ireland in August. It's just so disruptive to your preparation as a team. Don't know who made that call.

I still think Nebraska, in Lincoln will be a potentially dangerous game for us, unless the wheels fall off before the trip. I think the Huskers are a better team than they were last season, despite the lackluster 2nd half today. And last season in Norman, they played us very tough. We should beat them, but strange things can happen. It will be this team's first game against a truly hostile crowd. That's when we truly find out how much OUr players have mastered a new offense and a new defense.
Frost may not even last that long. He is probably wanting to stay in Ireland

Northwestern's left side of the OLine played good. They are upper classmen and returning starters. That's where it ends. Nebraska made NW look much better than they are. This is not remotely that same Nebraska as last year. They have something like 18 new players in the 2 deep roster. Their offense and defense schemes have changed from last year. Neb beat NW 56-7 last year. And NW was arguably better last year.

OU is a completely different team this year. Don't get me wrong, Nebraska is still dangerous but they are self defeating after today. This game could have a drastic effect throughout the season. I think Frost has lost this team because he has lost his faith in himself. No more excuses can come from Frost.

At this point the OU game becomes a must win for Neb. Win that and he may buy himself some grace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT