ADVERTISEMENT

Name your favorite Sooner of all time.

Man good question. Can I give 3? Boz, Strait and heupel

No, I knew someone would break the intent of the post and name like 15 players. JJ.

Next thing you know someone will be posting gay posts and major league baseball answers in this post.....LOL

Ontei Jones. Not for memorable plays or stats, but for passion. If everyone on the team had fire in their bellies like that guy did, we'd have a lot more than 7 national championships by now.

22, I truly believe Ontei and even Torrance Marshall were coached up by Mike Stoops. They bought into his game even with yelling. The Marshall interception against A&M was defensive coaching at it's finest and Jones was great during the FSU game and yep, MS was yelling at him the whole game .............JMO

Reactions: iasooner1
22, I truly believe Ontei and even Torrance Marshall were coached up by Mike Stoops. They bought into his game even with yelling. The Marshall interception against A&M was defensive coaching at it's finest and Jones was great during the FSU game and yep, MS was yelling at him the whole game .............JMO

True that Mike Stoops made a really good SS out of him. But he was flying all over the field like a mad man before Mike Stoops . Ontei was a linebacker and was tossed from the 1998 Iowa State game for tackling too hard. They called it unsportsmanlike conduct, but the officials were worried that someone was going to get killed.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
With OKB here....lil Joe
Prentice Gautt.....OU's version of "Jackie Robinson".
Great player, and a good, intelligent and courageous person. He and Mickey Mantle were my childhood heroes.
I sometimes wonder if he was utilized as much as he should have been, or if the politics of that time may have limited him touching the ball more. I only saw him play in the 1958 and 1959 Texas games, the 1959 Orange Bowl and the 1959 Northwestern game, but his videos on youtube are great to watch. Check out his run in the opening minutes of the 1959 Orange Bowl with Syracuse.

Sort of surprised you selected Blake since he belldozed for 24 points in a an OU 63-21 win over the UT in 2012. I'll give you credit for recognizing his accomplishments that game. :D

I went back and gave you a "like" for your post.
I mean the coach named Blake.
Sort of surprised you selected Blake since he belldozed for 24 points in a an OU 63-21 win over the UT in 2012. I'll give you credit for recognizing his accomplishments that game. :D

I went back and gave you a "like" for your post.
I was talking about John Blake.:confused:

I mean the coach named Blake.

I was talking about John Blake.:confused:
Removed the like from your previous post. I was hoping you came in peace but your horns protruded from the halo you used to cover those devilish horns. I was aware of you true intent. B Bell came to my mind first. I had buried John Blake deep in the repository of my mind only to be ripped out.

I think Gramps might have meant Blake Griffin.

Or maybe John Blake....
Gee Plaino, can't beleive I had forgotten about Griffin. I suppose football seems to dominate this board and B Bell and J Blake came to my mind first. Good catch.

Last edited:
MiccoMacey. :)

Outside of that great hero, I'd go with Mark Schultz, 3X NCAA Champion, 4X World Champion, Olympic Gold Medal wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT