ADVERTISEMENT

Name that Tune...

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
OK, here's an off season thread that everyone can participate in... There's no politics, no social issues, and no religion in this thread. So everybody can participate. A few small but important ground rules.

1. All genres of music can participate. Any song.
2. Post a section or part of the lyrics in a tune.
3. Whoever names the tune is the next to post their tune.
4. In an effort to keep the thread moving alone, after 10 guess attempts or a day or so of time, and nobody guesses it, the poster offers up another tune. Post a section or part of the lyrics in the tune.
5. We all know google can be our friend, but resist in an effort to learn something
6. After the song has been guessed, the OP should follow up w/ a post of the year & song writer.

I'll start it off with this....

You hurt and abuse tellin' all of your lies.
Run around sweet baby, Lord how you hypnotize.
Sweet little baby, I don't know where you've been.
Gonna love you baby, here I come again.

Name that tune....

Had a biz call. ugh.

Come on Fitty... throw one up and see who can guess it, when/if they do, they then will throw one up..

"I hear your voice,
I'll set you free.
I'm Jesus Christ on Ecstasy."

and now you'll all know where JConXtsy comes from, although I'll make note that this username was created by me back during the infancy of the internet when I was a young, heretical teenager. It has become convenient to keep it, since it's never an unavailable name.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
JConXtsy its by Nine Inch Nails and Soonersincefitty I am going on 39 and I don't need google I grew up with music like this. I grew up with Rainbow singing Since You've Been Gone, to The Who singing Pinball Wizard many other songs from like Head East hit Never Been Any Reason.

You're correct, jturpen.

Those lyrics come from the song "Suck" which was one of the two bonus tracks on Nine Inch Nails' second album, "Broken."

The song was originally written by the band Pigface which happened to include Trent Reznor off and on. That's why it was just a bonus track on the Broken album.

Once upon a time once when you were mine, love is all we knew and all I knew was you I wonder where you are I wonder if you think about me.

Last edited:
Once upon a time once when you were mine and all I knew was you I wonder where you are and I wonder if you think about me.

I'm not going to cheat. I don't really know this one, but it sounds like a Tom Petty lyric.

My sister won a thousand dollars in a Dallas radio station call in contest in about 1974, correctly identifying the song with these lyrics.

The message may not move me, or mean a great deal to me,
But hey, it feels so groovy to say.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
"Evelyn, A Modified Dog" by Frank Zappa

Evelyn, a modified dog
Viewed the quivering fringe of a special doily
Draped across the piano, with some surprise

In the darkened room
Where the chairs dismayed
And the horrible curtains
Muffled the rain
She could hardly believe her eyes

A curious breeze
A garlic breath
Which sounded like a snore
Somewhere near the Steinway (or even from within)
Had caused the doily fringe to waft & tremble in the gloom

Evelyn, a dog, having undergone
Further modification
Pondered the significance of short-person behavior
In pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance
And other highly ambient domains . . .

Arf she said

You got it Gar
Jimmy was apparently trying hook the LSD crowd.
I mean, google up the lyrics...there is some wild imagery there mon frere.

Funny, he's one of those wildly successful fellows, ultra rich, still gets residual mailbox money weekly...yet, he's not at all shy to proclaim, "To God goes all the glory".

(suck on that one Satan) ;)

More FZ fun:

She was a debutante daisy
With a color-note organ
Deep in the street
She drove a '59 morgan

chorus (and then)

She didn't like it when her fan belt
Shrunk and got shorter
(ointment)
Battery leak could nearly cost her a quarter

Schoonerman jump on in here and enlighten the masses...

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT