ADVERTISEMENT

"Millennial" Force Awakens is nothing special.

rkhufu7

Walk-on candidate
Aug 28, 2002
Movie is empty, save for Kylo Ren and his father. This girl has never heard of the force, yet used Jedi abilities better than young-lings and even Luke, all of which had training. This movie is for video game 18-30 somethings, but it is not in the league of the original 3, just like Man of Steel was nothing special. This movie was lacking the fear, excitement and awe of the originals.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good. Had the feeling of a Star Wars movie like the original trilogy.

***SPOILERS***

The whole idea she could use the force so easily depends on where the story line goes. Remember part of the story line is Kylo Ren killed all the Jedi's that Luke was training. During Rey's vision it shows Kylo Ren standing over all the bodies, then right after that it shows her as a little girl being left on Jakku. I'm thinking she was part of Luke's attempt to rebuild the Jedi and has either forgotten about it, or Luke possibly used to force to remove it from her memory. It's possible during the part where Kylo Ren is trying to read her mind it unlocked her memory also.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Movie is empty, save for Kylo Ren and his father. this girl has never heard of the force, yet used Jedi abilities better than young-lings and even Luke, all of which had training. This movie is for video game 18-30 somethings, but it is not in the league of the original 3, just like Man of Steel was nothing special. This movie was lacking the fear, excitement and awe of the originals.
I agree. I thought the movie was way too predictable and corny. Its like the director attempted to have a family reunion with all the original characters eventually working their way into the story line. It can't hold a candle to the original or The Empire.

The thing I was most disappointed in was how Kylo Ren started the movie and how it ended. The movie started with him being a legit badass....then by movies end he ended up being a whiney little baby and not nearly as badass as we were led to believe. It would have been better off if he had just left the helmet on.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT