ADVERTISEMENT

KU - KSU

10-2 and not playing in the conference championship game seems odd. Not sure we're able to beat Texas again.

10-2 and not playing in the conference championship game seems odd. Not sure we're able to beat Texas again.
Good teams find ways to win when faced with adversity, OU didn't do it when they were faced with adversity vs KU and Okie Lite. Texass has had some close ones yet found ways to win. Everyone wanted a rematch for it all, we couldn't uphold our end of the deal.
Besides we still have 1 more game to go, after today I am not all that confident it will be a W.

Don’t count BYU out against OSU.

I normally wouldn't but we made a bad BYU team look good today. I doubt they look anything like they did today when the face Okie Lite. However they are playing to get Bowl Elgible so who knows.
If Okie Lite loses it doesn't really help us much does it? As of right now I thought it was K-State vs Texas in the CCG granted they don't lose next week???

Good teams find ways to win when faced with adversity, OU didn't do it when they were faced with adversity vs KU and Okie Lite. Texass has had some close ones yet found ways to win. Everyone wanted a rematch for it all, we couldn't uphold our end of the deal.
Besides we still have 1 more game to go, after today I am not all that confident it will be a W.

Texas was getting royally screwed by the Big 12 officials in Ames last night, but they were able to overcome it.

I normally wouldn't but we made a bad BYU team look good today. I doubt they look anything like they did today when the face Okie Lite. However they are playing to get Bowl Elgible so who knows.
If Okie Lite loses it doesn't really help us much does it? As of right now I thought it was K-State vs Texas in the CCG granted they don't lose next week???
If OSU losses, and KSU and OU both win they are tied, wouldnt OU go cause we have the better win? They beat Kansas who beat us, and we beat Texas who beat them. Or do they go cause they have the better loss?

OU: First with win, Texas loss and Oklahoma State loss. Second with win, Texas win and Oklahoma State loss. Second with win, Texas loss, Oklahoma State win and Kansas State loss.

If OSU losses, and KSU and OU both win they are tied, wouldnt OU go cause we have the better win? They beat Kansas who beat us, and we beat Texas who beat them. Or do they go cause they have the better loss?
In a perfect storm, 3 way tie, they should go by who has the highest ranking, or highest ranked victory. I have no idea how the Big 12 is going to handle this, assuming everyone wins out. OU probably will definitely be snubbed. Big 12 has to take care of their own!

Reactions: LordWilliam18

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

In a perfect storm, 3 way tie, they should go by who has the highest ranking, or highest ranked victory. I have no idea how the Big 12 is going to handle this, assuming everyone wins out. OU probably will definitely be snubbed. Big 12 has to take care of their own!
OSU beat both OU and KSU so if there is a 3 way tie, they should go.

guys we aren't going to the big 12 championship. Aint gonna happen. The best we can hope for is to play SC in the Alamo.

guys we aren't going to the big 12 championship. Aint gonna happen. The best we can hope for is to play SC in the Alamo.

IMO, the big advantage of playing in the B12 championship is the extra game experience. For the players and fans. If there’s any way possible for that to happen, I’m all in. If not, I don’t want to know. 😛

Reactions: OUSOONER67
How many players will opt out of the Bowl Game?
Maybe, they consider the bowl destination. I doubt it though. It is after all, a strictly financial decision for most players. Who wouldn't love going bowling in Miami, or Pasadena, etc... Sure would be fun!!!

Last edited:
It does, but that comes from having the lack of a round robin conference schedule. And of course, in the days of two divisions, there were several times when the best two teams in the conference were in the same division, and only one could go. And there were more than a few times, that the best team in the conference got upset in the CCG. So nothing is perfect, especially with 14 conference teams.

I am rooting for Arkansas ( Mizzou ) Miss St, ( Ole Miss) Tech and BYU this weekend. None of those are likely to lose but I can hope

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT