ADVERTISEMENT

In a survival situation

I spent a year on a mountain top in South Korea. I am positive I consumed a pet or two. I was the CO of the installation and we had some Korean civilians working for us. They would invite me and a couple of my officers for dinner and drinks. The Koreans have a rice liquor that is pretty bad, but I always drank plenty of it before dinner ... was my way to prepare for the dog that was sure to come. The Koreans were allowed to keep dogs on our base camp. We were to fatten them up for them. Some of the guys would get attached to the dogs and then one day their dog would just disappear from the camp.

So, yes Fido is food. When you are starving food is food.

I spent a year on a mountain top in South Korea. I am positive I consumed a pet or two. I was the CO of the installation and we had some Korean civilians working for us. They would invite me and a couple of my officers for dinner and drinks. The Koreans have a rice liquor that is pretty bad, but I always drank plenty of it before dinner ... was my way to prepare for the dog that was sure to come. The Koreans were allowed to keep dogs on our base camp. We were to fatten them up for them. Some of the guys would get attached to the dogs and then one day their dog would just disappear from the camp.

So, yes Fido is food. When you are starving food is food.

I spent time in Korea too and when we would go out into the field, one of the places we went to seemed to be near a place where they would raise and slaughter the dogs. It was pretty difficult to listen to. :/

Could you eat your pets? I told the wife I'd eat her cat.......I'm still waiting for her response.

I used to deer hunt on Zoe Mountain near the Arkansas border. There was a family that lived in a school bus and had several cats penned in chicken wire. I asked the local game warden what was up with the cats?

He told me they raised and ate them, I kid you not.

The last time I was down there they had moved. The DHS got them. Talk about living off the grid............

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Anything is possible in a survival situation.
images

ADVERTISEMENT