ADVERTISEMENT

If you were elected President of the United States

trademarcs

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2008
what actions would you take to better your country and people?

My actions may be harsh to some so keep in mind this is for discussion purposes.

1. Term limits for all of congress. 2 terms and your Done.
2. Income tax is gone. Hello national sales tax!
3. pork belly spending is over. Tax payers shouldn't be funding multi-million dollar studies on how ketchup flows.
4. Healthcare law repeal and complete overhaul of the health care system.
5. The EPA is to be scaled back, and they must consider costs and job losses.
6. I'm closing half of the overseas military bases and those troops are coming home.
7. National defense and military are top priority.
8. NO MORE FOREIGN OIL DEPENDENCY!!
9. PACS are Illegal
10. Reform immigration! Services should be earned.

Ok, let me have it.

"trademarcs, post: 153465, member: 5438"]what actions would you take to better your country and people?

My actions may be harsh to some so keep in mind this is for discussion purposes.

CHECK

CHECK

3. pork belly spending is over. Tax payers shouldn't be funding multi-million dollar studies on how ketchup flows.
CHECK

4. Healthcare law repeal after developing a complete overhaul of the health care system.
CHECK (FIFY)

CHECK

6. I'm closing half of the overseas military bases and those troops are coming home.
DISAGREE

CHECK

CHECK (And allow the exporting of light sweet crude).

9. PACS are Illegal
CHECK

Too vague of a statement to agree or disagree with your idea of "reform", but PROTECT THE BORDERS. AND YES, SERVICES TO BE EARNED.

11. Make free trade "fair" trade.

Ok, let me have it.
NAH. YOU GET MY VOTE. Can you start Monday?

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.

RESIGN!

First I would take some major vacations and invite all the Scoopers to go with me..........

I would order a full scale attack on ISIS. Any captured members would be beheaded on pay per view by the Army.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Yep, number 6 is a loser. We need our nagging presence felt in as many places as possible.

While we're bearing our souls...the Supreme Court, neutral arbiters of constitutional law?

Yeah...my pasty white ass!

John Roberts! You really piss me off!
You've become the very activist a-hole that you used to mock and make fun of.
For shame dude!

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.

As President, you would be the Executive Branch so you can kiss good bye to #1, #2, #3, #4. # 9, and most likely #10. You of course could introduce these changes, but you're going to need the Legislative Body & the Judicial Body to get these approved. While I have a total dislike for the current President, the S.O.B. has used all branches of the Govt to soldify his programs. You will need to do th same thing or your list will only be a wish list instead of an action list.

Last edited:
Yep, number 6 is a loser. We need our nagging presence felt in as many places as possible.

While we're bearing our souls...the Supreme Court, neutral arbiters of constitutional law?

Yeah...my pasty white ass!

John Roberts! You really piss me off!
You've become the very activist a-hole that you used to mock and make fun of.
For shame dude!

Yep, in spite of Jon Gruber's recorded statements & H Reid's re-write of Senate rules,the law still stands. No longer of, for and by the People...

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.

While this thread is against board rules, at least, it isn't accusing me of being a traitor to the country I love and have served and defended over the years. Since no one is moderating this board I will offer my opinions on this subject.

1. The first priority of the President and US Congress is national security. So, the first thing I would do is take steps to ensure we are doing all things possile to protect and secure the national security of the US. This includes securing our borders and getting our immigration policy fixed. Immigration is good as long as those who immigrate to this country as long as it is done within the law. It also includes providing leadership to tackle the Islamic Caliphate issues. It means building a consensus to effective eliminate this threat to world peace.

2. Get us back to respecting the Constitution. I would go out of the way to make sure that my actions follow the Constitution and the spirit of the Constitution to the best of my abilities. This includes appointing people my team who share these values as well.

3. Second on the list is to focus on the economy and get this country back on track. To do this we need to tackle out tax laws. Don't think we can overhaul or reform the IRS so we need to bite the bullet and go to a national sales tax. Also, we need to fix the corporate tax laws to stop the hemorrhage of corporations leaving for lower tax rates and bring all those tax dollars back to the US. How can anyone trust the IRS when they are being used to punish US Citizens for their political beliefs/opinions. Get the US back in the business of leading the world in such issues as trade.

4. Get rid of Obama Care and replace it with something else. Get the Federal Government out of the process and our health care back to being between the Doctors and their patients. First on my list is to allow interstate purchase of health insurance. This is a horribly complicated issue and care needs to be taken to find ways that will actually work.

5. Regulatory relief is a top issue as well. I would immediately put a freeze on any additional regulations until we over-haul this out of control system. We are literally strangling ourselves on red tape and it has to be stopped. Of course this is an issue that the President can control by his appointments to his/her cabinet positions etc.

6. Develop an energy policy that gets us energy sufficient as soon as possible.

7. Close the doors to the US Department of Education ... put them out of business.

8. Find a way to turn the care of our veterans over to the private sector and eliminate that responsibility from the federal government. We know they can't do it so why keep throwing money at the problem when we know we are just wasting it.

9. My administration would focus on uniting our citizens, not dividing them as this current administration has done for the last seven years.

10. Put in place a National open carry system. Take the guns away from felons and those who commit the felons while respecting the 2nd Amendment and the gun rights of the law abiding US Citizens.

There are many others, but these top ten would be a good start.

Reactions: veritas59
So, who accused you of being a traitor?

You did. You branded anyone who thinks we need to address world trade as a traitor. And you will he a liar if you try to refute it.

People like you, simply can't stand anyone who disagrees with you. You attack them personally and call them traitors.

Oh boo hoo Roy. If you were among the "126, mostly Republicans who voted for it" then yes, I called you a traitor. If you were'nt among the 126, then get a grip. The whole thing went right over your head. Learn about TPA and what it means to American workers. And instead of flying off the handle because somebody said something bad about precious Republicans on this issue, read what other well respected conservative Republican leaders are saying. Then get all pissed off at them too. That's fair, right? As for me, I am sick of partison politics and bringing in cheap foriegn labor. I am for the American worker and families, the ones who work hard and pay for all the government BS that destroys what Americans have truly fought and died for throughout it's history.

"trademarcs, post: 153465, member: 5438"]what actions would you take to better your country and people?

Too vague of a statement to agree or disagree with your idea of "reform", but PROTECT THE BORDERS. AND YES, SERVICES TO BE EARNED.

I really liked Newt Gingrich's proposal that I read in one of his books years ago. Immigration is necessary to stay on top. Without it, in sports terms, it would be like never having free agency or a draft. You've got your set team and all you can do is develop it.

What needs to be done is much stronger border patrol and protection, yet at the same time, we need to make the path to citizenship much easier and more straightforward.

Our current system is one that makes it nearly impossible for law abiding foreigners (of all socioeconomic backgrounds) to enter our country and/or become citizens, but the current system makes it like a walk in the park (or across a shallow river) for anyone that doesn't honor laws to enter our country. We need to flip that. Impossible for criminals and law breakers to enter, easy for law abiding do-gooders to enter.

Well, I'm glad that this isn't a political thread. Since the views expressed herein would be more likely to get someone elected as governor of Oklahoma, but not the President of the US, I'll leave it to study the demographics of why.

Reactions: gsxrace01
Oh boo hoo Roy. If you were among the "126, mostly Republicans who voted for it" then yes, I called you a traitor. If you were'nt among the 126, then get a grip. The whole thing went right over your head. Learn about TPA and what it means to American workers. And instead of flying off the handle because somebody said something bad about precious Republicans on this issue, read what other well respected conservative Republican leaders are saying. Then get all pissed off at them too. That's fair, right? As for me, I am sick of partison politics and bringing in cheap foriegn labor. I am for the American worker and families, the ones who work hard and pay for all the government BS that destroys what Americans have truly fought and died for throughout it's history.

Oh boo hoo 22. If those who voted for the legislation were traitors then anyone else who thinks they did the right thing is obviously a traitor as well. Nothing went over my head. You are the one that the issue slips right over your head. You have no clue. I knew you would come up with some lame reason to excuse your behavior. I don't think you have a clue as to where we are headed if we don't get back in the game.

I'd go after all my political enemies, auction off my my beliefs to the highest bidder, and then impose said belief on the nation, possibly the world. Finally, I would also require hot chicks to throw themselves at me.

Basically, I'll be like every president before me...

I don't think you have a clue as to where we are headed if we don't get back in the game.

We were "in the game"...before NAFTA and granting China Permanent Most Favored Nation Trading Status. That was when the game ended. Now another wonderful trade deal. You need to pull your head out of the sand.

We were "in the game"...before NAFTA and granting China Permanent Most Favored Nation Trading Status. That was when the game ended. Now another wonderful trade deal. You need to pull your head out of the sand.

BS. We already have TAs with most of the countries anyway. What do you think we ought to do just stick our heads in the sand and act like these issues don't matter.

Just tell me what you would be doing? I want to hear what you would be doing. I am sure this will be enlightening.

BS. We already have TAs with most of the countries anyway. What do you think we ought to do just stick our heads in the sand and act like these issues don't matter.

Just tell me what you would be doing? I want to hear what you would be doing. I am sure this will be enlightening.

I'd probably still be working for [Corporation A, 1980 to 2000) had they not shut the plant down here and moved it to Mexico. But if not that job, probably my second engineering job for [Corporation B, 2000 to 2005] before they moved it to China. They asked me to go. I told them I am staying in Oklahoma. Now I have another good engineering job in OKC, but the company employs about 80% foreign H-1B Visa workers for cheap, from Central America and SE Asia. Those are jobs your kids and grandkids, nephews and nieces won't even be considered to fill. Your descendants are too American. You cost too much. A vast majority of companies and corporations across this nation hire millions of H-1B workers too.... for cheap. Now this newly approved Trojan Horse TPA will bring in about 3 million more and is certain to shutter more plants. But go ahead and feel good about buying products labeled "Made in USA' but are actually made by foreign labor, or in foreign country "Free Trade Zones" that are not even in the USA. Hey, it's the symbolism that counts. Not the substance.

Last edited:
I'd probably still be working for [Corporation A, 1980 to 2000) had they not shut the plant down here and moved it to Mexico. But if not that job, probably my second engineering job for [Corporation B, 2000 to 2005] before they moved it to China. They asked me to go. I told them I am staying in Oklahoma. Now I have another good engineering job in OKC, but the company employs about 80% foreign H-1B Visa workers for cheap, from Central America and SE Asia. Those are jobs your kids and grandkids, nephews and nieces won't even be considered to fill. Your descendants are too American. You cost too much. A vast majority of companies and corporations across this nation hire millions of H-1B workers too.... for cheap. Now this newly approved Trojan Horse TPA will bring in about 3 million more and is certain to shutter more plants. But go ahead and feel good about buying products labeled "Made in USA' but are actually made by foreign labor, or in foreign country "Free Trade Zones" that are not even in the USA. Hey, it's the symbolism that counts. Not the substance.

Typical. You aren't telling anyone anything we don't already know. This isn't about trade agreements It is simply business taking steps to remain competitive. This isn't anything new. We have been shedding low paying manufacturing jobs for several decades. You can't stop people who own/run businesses from seeking cheap labor. Hell, there isn't any product that can't be manufactured anywhere in the world and cheaply shipped to markets all over the globe. I am in a business where our products are competitive, but we are shut out of the markets in many places around the world. We are subject to restrictions in Japan and elsewhere. We simply can't survive over the long term unless we break down the barriers for American products around the world and that is what the trade agreements are intended to do. You are over-reacting to negatives that don't have much to do with trade agreements and efforts to break down trade barriers. Without it we will be out of business and employees will lose good jobs.

I might name Trump "trade czar".

We're now on our third "free trade" agreement with South Korea. Last I checked, there is one Ford dealer in South Korea. There are 1500 Kia and Huyndai dealers in the United States.

My Best Buy is awash in LG dryers and wahers. I can find no competitively priced Maytags in Soeul.

Here's a few others...............

Zebco made the finest closed reel fishing reel in America, bar none. In the 70's it was cheap and guess what, they would repair it for free at the Tulsa location. I had four friends that got laid off when they moved to Mexico. No more guarantee and replaced metal parts with plastic. It's junk today, but Wal Mart sells it.

My mother and law worked for Ball Glass in Muskogee. It was one of the only jobs an American could get a job in that area. Moved to Mexico.

I once represented Wells Lamont Gloves made in or near Pauls Valley Ok. The finest workman's glove you could buy. Moved to Mexico and it's garbage today.

We were once the largest producers of underwear, including under shirts in the world. One of the largest plants was in Denton , Texas.

We don't make any of it anymore. We don't make Tv's, VCR's or electrical any more. China does.

I have no idea how the TPP will effect us in the long run, but there is something wrong with American company's moving off shore and the expecting Americans to buy their inferior product at Wal Mart.............JMO

Bold = S22S comments

"roygbell, post: 154809, member: 6414"]We have been shedding low paying manufacturing jobs for several decades.

Low paying??? Ha ha ha. You're really in the know. Good paying, middle class manufacturing jobs started leaving thanks in large part to NAFTA and granting China Permanent Most Favored Nation Trading Status. For the operations remaining here in the USA, NOW they are low paying jobs. The tail does not wag the dog. Jobs started leaving thanks to unfair "free trade agreements".

You can't stop people who own/run businesses from seeking cheap labor.

You are correct. It's unstoppable now, thanks to these Benedict Arnold oligarchs who are running Washington DC. Screw the working American middle class. Screw the blue collar workers. Now we can screw the white collar workers too, the IT guys, the systems analysts, the buyers, the managers, the engineers, the chemists, the pharmacists, etc. Screw those American workers. We can get foreigners to do it for $8.50 / hour now.

You are over-reacting to negatives that don't have much to do with trade agreements and efforts to break down trade barriers. Without it we will be out of business and employees will lose good jobs.

Thank you for admitting, although unintentionally, that you have no idea what is getting ready to transpire with dictator Obama's Fast-Track authority and the TPP, and all the Trojan Horse goodies in the bill. Did you know that Obama has been granted power to change TPA itself AFTER being approved? I hope you're the owner where you work. If not, the future may not be as bright as you think it is.

Reactions: iasooner1
The sad truth is that before NAFTA and the like, a person working a manufacturing job could actually support his or her family on his wages. Those same jobs today might pay 10-12-15 bucks an hour, with no retirement and piss poor health insurance. Try raising a family on that.

Your senator or congressman wasn't allowed to read the TPP, but I'll bet my last dollar that people like the Koch brothers know every detail. They should; who knows the contents of a novel better than its author?

We're done. We've been done.

Here's a few others...............

Zebco made the finest closed reel fishing reel in America, bar none. In the 70's it was cheap and guess what, they would repair it for free at the Tulsa location. I had four friends that got laid off when they moved to Mexico. No more guarantee and replaced metal parts with plastic. It's junk today, but Wal Mart sells it.

My mother and law worked for Ball Glass in Muskogee. It was one of the only jobs an American could get a job in that area. Moved to Mexico.

I once represented Wells Lamont Gloves made in or near Pauls Valley Ok. The finest workman's glove you could buy. Moved to Mexico and it's garbage today.

We were once the largest producers of underwear, including under shirts in the world. One of the largest plants was in Denton , Texas.

We don't make any of it anymore. We don't make Tv's, VCR's or electrical any more. China does.

I have no idea how the TPP will effect us in the long run, but there is something wrong with American company's moving off shore and the expecting Americans to buy their inferior product at Wal Mart.............JMO

Zebco is now in Kunshan, China. I know the expat who runs the factory, as we frequented the same watering hole when I was over there. Did you know that when a foreign company opens a new venture in China, they have to export 100% of their products for the first five years of manufacturing? You don't have to be an economist to figure out what that does to the trade deficit.

Zebco is now in Kunshan, China. I know the expat who runs the factory, as we frequented the same watering hole when I was over there. Did you know that when a foreign company opens a new venture in China, they have to export 100% of their products for the first five years of manufacturing? You don't have to be an economist to figure out what that does to the trade deficit.

It still doesn't answer the question about quality or American jobs lost. I'm not taking up for either side. I will be the first to tell you I don't know about TPP. I do know that Brideinstein voted against it. The only Oklahoma rep/ senator that did. My dickhead plumber rep, Mark Wayne Mullins, rubber stamps Bone-head on every vote.

It still doesn't answer the question about quality or American jobs lost. I'm not taking up for either side. I will be the first to tell you I don't know about TPP. I do know that Brideinstein voted against it. The only Oklahoma rep/ senator that did. My dickhead plumber rep, Mark Wayne Mullins, rubber stamps Bone-head on every vote.

The jobs are lost. They don't use Zebco reels in China; They make them there on the cheap and sell them back here. Quality coming out of China is largely dependent on how much Western management resides at the site. The Chinese owned factories that I visited produced pure crap. I audited over a half dozen Chinese owned tire factories (heavily subsidized by the government), and I would have shut every one of them down due to product safety issues. That said, Western owned factories in China generally operate to the same standards as they do in their home countries. In most cases, though, the Western manufacturers were producing their lower end products over there. (Obviously, I'm not including electronics manufacturing-they produce the full spectrum of their products. You should read up a little on Foxconn)

At least that was my first hand experience.

Where are you Roy? Dammit I wish I had a pop-corn munching or hand-clapping emoticon ready to post...

Spot-on analysis from 22; unfortunately I was either in the Purchasing or Accounting Departments of Corp A & B back in the day and those were always the first to get our pink slips. (WTF didn't I get a secondary degree in HR?) Oh yeah, I was raising kids and then it was too late...

I might name Trump "trade czar".

We're now on our third "free trade" agreement with South Korea. Last I checked, there is one Ford dealer in South Korea. There are 1500 Kia and Huyndai dealers in the United States.

My Best Buy is awash in LG dryers and wahers. I can find no competitively priced Maytags in Soeul.

You live in Soeul?

Is the Green Door still in operation?

What a wonderful place it used to be ... visited the place many times. Moose hunting was very good there back in the day.

Well, I'm glad that this isn't a political thread. Since the views expressed herein would be more likely to get someone elected as governor of Oklahoma, but not the President of the US, I'll leave it to study the demographics of why.

You do know your living in Oklahoma isn't mandatory don't you?

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.

I agree with everything, except closing half of the overseas military bases. This would leave some of our allies vulnerable to attacks, and prevent us from responding to threats quickly.

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.

Count me as one who won't be voting for you.

Hook'em!

9. PACS are Illegal

Ok, let me have it.
I'm with you on most but I'm a no on 4,5 &7 this country already spends twice as much on defense as the next 16 nations combined. ACA has been a huge help to my family ( preexisting) sorry I'm for the EPA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT