ADVERTISEMENT

Great read on Lincoln Riley

Great content, but boy what a hard read. Kersey has some evolving to do in his writing.

Looks like Riley has a lot heaped on his shoulders. I hope he can bare all that weight and be successful.

I love the fact that he's recognized at being successful at many stages of his life. That bodes well for OU. I thought the article was pretty good mix. I especially liked that Old Pete was in the inauguration parade, even after the cold shoulder from the town folk.

I can personally attest to the fact that Lincoln Riley is one smart dude. I'm not a guy with unlimited liberty to speak my mind on the issue, but the offense this season won't be anything anyone of us preseason prognosticators prepared for.

Riley is a guy that KNOWS how to use the talent on hand. Next month will show glimpses to get excited for.

I hope you are correct Medic; here's to you treating a lot of very distressed opponents fans at all the home OU games this year! If our defense plays as well as the offense we are hoping for, there needs to be a lot of bummed out folks leaving Norman in droves...

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
So Muleshoe is conservative, deeply religious, and recently passed prohibition?

What highway do I take in west Texas to avoid Muleshoe?

Last year watching Florida/ECU in the bowl game it struck me how similar ECU was to Texas Tech under Leach. Up and down the field but would stall out time and time again in the red zone. An above average D is always going to give the air raid show fits. Watch out though, when playing the lesser teams the air raid goes bananas. Definetly lay the points in the opener against Akron. IMO, Charlie Strong's D is going to have a field day against the air raid.

Charlie Strong's D is going to crap their drawers. OU does have running backs you know. And they will be used.

OU's strength on offense will be at RB so it is bad timing to start flinging the ball. Don't know but is Riley flexible where he will go to the hot hand or more steadfast like Leach in throwing no matter the situation?

On defense under Strong I just really like our chances stopping the type of offense being installed at OU. One thing for sure, our D will always be lights out with Strong. Offense? Who the heck knows.

The Texas D was unbelievable last year considering we easily had the worst offense in school history. Our D just about completely shut down BU the entire game and the same for TCU considering we had 6 turnovers and never moved the ball. Hell, against Arkansas the D was great but naturally they gassed when the offense couldn't pick up a first down.

Our D is not going to be quite as good this year but in 2017 and beyond, watch out!

ADVERTISEMENT