ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum on Venables

Finebaum ignores the fact that Tennessee is a better team than OU. A much better team.
Drama queen Skip Bayless, who called for Stoops to fire and Colin Cowherd, who often has problems with accuracy, also are on the bandwagon to have Venables fired.
Venables may or may not return OU to its elite status, but in my opinion, it is premature to throw him to the wolves after one season given his resume and OU's current situation.

Odd that Finebaum would be pushing for OU to hire Josh. Isn't Finebaum a Tenn Alum?
Also he says Josh is on top of the World right now, what has Tenn done this season to say that? They beat Bama barely and Bama is not Bama this season, Ole Miss almost beat them and Bama lost to LSU. Look at what Georgia did to Tenn. Anyway until they win the SEC and make the Playoffs I wouldn't say that Tenn and Josh are on top of the World but he is an SEC talking head so its no surprise.

what has Tenn done this season to say that?

What? Tennessee has one of the most impressive resumes of any team in the CFP rankings right now. They beat #8 Alabama, and absolutely destroyed #6 LSU 40-13 in Baton Rouge.

Odd that Finebaum would be pushing for OU to hire Josh. Isn't Finebaum a Tenn Alum?
Also he says Josh is on top of the World right now, what has Tenn done this season to say that? They beat Bama barely and Bama is not Bama this season, Ole Miss almost beat them and Bama lost to LSU. Look at what Georgia did to Tenn. Anyway until they win the SEC and make the Playoffs I wouldn't say that Tenn and Josh are on top of the World but he is an SEC talking head so its no surprise.

I will say one thing for Josh. Since he’s been at Tennessee he’s developed a personality.

What? Tennessee has one of the most impressive resumes of any team in the CFP rankings right now. They beat #8 Alabama, and absolutely destroyed #6 LSU 40-13 in Baton Rouge.

The Tennessee fans are arguably the happiest fans in the country. After years of dealing with a variety of coaches and disappointments, they are having an unbelievable season with only South Carolina and Vanderbilt left to play. Life is good in Rocky Top.

Truth is, Bob did JoshH a favor by firing him. I'm certain it woke him up that he needs to step up his game. It's pretty much known now that he was likely the laziest recruiter on OUs staff while he was here. It's great that he has moved onto much better things and has turned into a big time head coach. But he's not coming back to OU. I would think there is still bad blood between him and Bob and how he was let go. And as long as Bob is still around the program, JoshH isn't gonna come back. Heck even if Bob wasn't around, 99% chance he's NOT leaving a great situation at Tennessee.

I just meant that they haven't won any hardware yet. No doubt they have won some games and that the Program seems to be trending upward but until they win the SEC and or get to the Playoffs I will hold my praise of them being On Top of the World.
They are in a precarious position if they win out and LSU beats UGA in the SEC Title Game, does LSU, Georgia and Tenn all 3 get to the Playoffs, I am thinking the Talking Heads will be pushing that agenda but I think Tenn gets left out in that scenario. I doubt LSU can pull that off (beating UGA) but one never knows.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I just meant that they haven't won any hardware yet. No doubt they have won some games and that the Program seems to be trending upward but until they win the SEC and or get to the Playoffs I will hold my praise of them being On Top of the World.
They are in a precarious position if they win out and LSU beats UGA in the SEC Title Game, does LSU, Georgia and Tenn all 3 get to the Playoffs, I am thinking the Talking Heads will be pushing that agenda but I think Tenn gets left out in that scenario. I doubt LSU can pull that off (beating UGA) but one never knows.
But then again if LSU loses Tenn can still get in that way. Will they put 2 SEC teams in if one of them is not named Alabama? They (talking heads) will push for it for sure.

Yeah, if LSU runs the table, they're almost certainly going to get in, even with two losses. They would be the SEC champions, with wins over Alabama, Ole Miss, and the most impressive win of the year if they beat #1 Georgia in the SEC championship game.

Yeah, if LSU runs the table, they're almost certainly going to get in, even with two losses. They would be the SEC champions, with wins over Alabama, Ole Miss, and the most impressive win of the year if they beat #1 Georgia in the SEC championship game.
If LSU wins they will certainly be in, Georgia too I would imagine at 1 loss.

It's not that odd. He loves to beat up on the Sooners, and he knows Josh isn't going anywhere. Besides, he's much more of a Bama apologist these days, than UTenn.

No props to Finebaum but I think the burden of proof lies completely with BV and his staff. Until they show true development and improvement I expect more talking heads to postulating on the next coach at OU.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT