ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Transfer TE Jalin Conyers note

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I know some have said on that it’s been reported that things are moving between the two parties(OU and Conyers), or will be soon, but two sources that I spoke with have said nothing is imminent there “just yet.”

What I can tell you is that his original departure wasn’t in his or previous Sooners’ regime hands. Thats something we can dive into way down the road, but a source today told me, “No one wanted him out of Norman to begin with,” they told OUinsider. “He’s done well at ASU. Could see (OU) sniffing around a bit, but there could be some potential hoops to make that work again.”

Also, I spoke to a source directly involved and close with Conyers today. Asked straight up if the transfer TE would be interested in a return to OU and was told, “I think at this point he is going to explore all of his options and see where he fits in the best,” the source noted to OUinsider. “This year at ASU was disastrous because of injuries. They had multiple OL get injured and their top three QBs got hurt. [Jalin] ended up playing QB for several snaps in each of the last 3 games because they were so banged up.

“I think the big thing for him is he wants to go somewhere where he can achieve both team and personal goal. (And he would like to be at) a place he can relate with and give back to after football is over.”

I think Texas Tech, TCU, SMU and some of the Texas schools would naturally be an option, but those are just my guesses right now.

I’ll have more once I get it, but multiple sources have confirmed nothing major has taken place within his transfer portal entry and OU just yet.

Stay tuned for more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News