ADVERTISEMENT

Does Jackson get the start this Friday?

Jackson's redshirt got burned. Might be time to make OUr receivers look like receivers. Turn the playbook upside down. Might be a fine way to end the season. Just saying.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Lets see, guy leading the Big 12 in most QB Stats or guy thats a Freshman with little to no playing time this Season. I am gonna go with DG all day long if he is cleared. A win and we still have a shot at a Big 12 Title Game. If DG can't go then JA better be ready.
Remember, TCU loves to knock QB's out of the game, if JA is the starter and DG cannot go then chalk it up to a loss if Beville or whatever his name is has to come in if JA gets mauled.
Don't really matter as long as we win, then we await our fate.

The "C" word was never mentioned, but it DG did have one then he is out. If Arnold took all the reps this week with the #1's he will be fine. He has shown to be an above-average passer and has a much stronger arm I could see bombs over Bagdad if Arnold does get the call.

I'm thinking the DG will be available to play. Oklahoma officials are always tight lipped about this sort of thing. I pretty sure he didn't get a concussion, but was banged up pretty good. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The "C" word was never mentioned, but it DG did have one then he is out. If Arnold took all the reps this week with the #1's he will be fine. He has shown to be an above-average passer and has a much stronger arm I could see bombs over Bagdad if Arnold does get the call.

Yeah I heard that the other day, they said "head injury"
If not a Concussion and he can go you know he wants some payback for last year.

At this point, why not give JA the start? We are not in contention for anything of value unless by miracle we make it to the CCG which may be an embarrassment the way we are playing. Let's give JA first team reps and see what happens.

At this point, why not give JA the start? We are not in contention for anything of value unless by miracle we make it to the CCG which may be an embarrassment the way we are playing. Let's give JA first team reps and see what happens.
Done burned his redshirt. Why not take that chance with the most important position on the field? I think now is the perfect time. Imo.

ALL TIME NCAA Division I FBS passing leaders...​

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

It blows my mind that there are OU fans who want to be done with the #10 all time passing leader, but that happened even more so (on this message board) with the #3 all time passing leader.

People are insane.

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

It blows my mind that there are OU fans who want to be done with the #10 all time passing leader, but that happened even more so (on this message board) with the #3 all time passing leader.

People are insane.

I have been saying it for a while now. Thats why they aren't being paid millions of dollars to make those kind of decisions.

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

People are insane.
The only thing insane here is if any one of those three had a defense to back em up. Think 2018 rose bowl. Imo.

Last edited:

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

People are insane.
Yeah lighten up Francis. Think of how many bowl games we get introduced to new players over the years. Same concept here, just one game sooner. Nothing against DG but onward the machine must churn.

Yeah lighten up Francis. Think of how many bowl games we get introduced to new players over the years. Same concept here, just one game sooner. Nothing against DG but onward the machine must churn.

As long as there are games to play and DG is healthy, he will start. He won't opt-out of the bowl game. Nothing against J. Arnold.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

People are insane.
Why do you only list #3 , #8, #10?

OU's defense has been in the Crapper since before Bob left. I keep thinking one day it will change but so far its not looking like it.
People need to remember that Brent's defenses were getting lit up when he was a DC here and also had better players on that side of the ball than we do now.
I have about given up on the D ever getting to where it should be.

Last edited:

#3 Landry Jones
#8 Baker Mayfield.
#10 Dillion Gabriel

Updated 11/24/23:

#3 Landry Jones
#7 Dillion Gabriel
#9 Baker Mayfield

Moron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT