ADVERTISEMENT

Colson to FSU

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
ND QB transferring to Florida State for one year. With our QB situation, wonder why Stoops and Riley did not pursue getting him to OU for one year? Maybe they did?

I guess it's possible they were working under the table to try and land him. There is no way to know unless the kid goes public with the details of who all he was talking to.

But to be honest, I think OU has some incredible QB talent already on campus that simply needs to be developed and put into a position where they can succeed, and some quality WRs that can get open and catch the ball. We don't need the QBs to be Heisman contenders. We just need them to get the ball into the hands of the great RB and WR talent already on the roster, and not turn the ball over and make mistakes. The QBs already on OUs roster were highly touted kids coming out of high school.

I guess it's possible they were working under the table to try and land him. There is no way to know unless the kid goes public with the details of who all he was talking to.

But to be honest, I think OU has some incredible QB talent already on campus that simply needs to be developed and put into a position where they can succeed, and some quality WRs that can get open and catch the ball. We don't need the QBs to be Heisman contenders. We just need them to get the ball into the hands of the great RB and WR talent already on the roster, and not turn the ball over and make mistakes. The QBs already on OUs roster were highly touted kids coming out of high school.
FYI....his name is Golson, not Colson.
Agree with BillyRay, but with the uncertainty at the receiving corps for OU, it may be difficult to judge how good the OU quarterbacks are. Saunders and Bester still have not been replaced adequately. Until the WR position is stellar again, OU's quarterbacks will be challenged to succeed.....and Shepard can't do it alone.

I doubt he was pursued. Keep in mind, OU played against him twice. I'm sure film was studied. OU beat him in South Bend. He isn't any better than what is on the roster now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
I think Billly Ray and WNAS have it covered.

Actually, Golson beat OU in Norman and was suspended during the OU win at South Bend the following year. However, the OU coaches have seen plenty of film on the guy and are aware that he lost his job to a freshman right before their bowl game. That probably spoke volumes about whether he was even considered by our coaching staff, which I doubt they did for a minute.

I also think the coaches are confident and excited about the talent already on campus and the work/scheme/plays that Riley will put in to solidify the QB position and get more consistency and production.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT