ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams

Riley will always win because he will always attract the top QB’s & WR’s period. Fair or not, it is what it is.

Reactions: Hal Apeno
If you guys want a good laugh, go back in time on this board to last winter after Venables was hired and look at how many people on here were saying that Gabriel/Lebby would be just as good as Riley/Williams, and that OU wouldn't miss a beat.

Reactions: Oklabama
Williams should win the Heisman this year. Without him they're a 4 win team. But once the playoffs arrive Lincoln will fold.

Our ceiling was reached and regression was happening. I'm sad Sooner football is average but I'm not sad Riley is gone.
Me either but I’m sad (fricking pissed better describes it) that he took our players with him. As it stands, I don’t hold much hope of winning the bowl game which means we are going to have our first losing season since Blake was our coach.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Williams should win the Heisman this year. Without him they're a 4 win team. But once the playoffs arrive Lincoln will fold.

Our ceiling was reached and regression was happening. I'm sad Sooner football is average but I'm not sad Riley is gone.
I was thinking this year for sure. Just showing restraint...lol

If he's still a sooner we are at least 10-2 and probably winning big 12 and he still would be a Heisman candidate. Williams was going to be a Heisman candidate no matter where he played. Jackson is similar to Williams so getting him on campus is priority #1.

If he's still a sooner we are at least 10-2 and probably winning big 12 and he still would be a Heisman candidate. Williams was going to be a Heisman candidate no matter where he played. Jackson is similar to Williams so getting him on campus is priority #1.
Totally agree. He was the one player we needed to win the close games we lost.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Riley is a good play caller, but if it wasn't for his qb's ( baker, Kyler, Jalen, now Kaleb) being great athletes and extending the plays, he would have more losses than wins. If you watched any usc this year Williams is making lemonade out of lemons. Riley's plays are not there and it then turns into backyard football. Williams being the best athlete on the field is able to extend drives.

Riley is a good play caller, but if it wasn't for his qb's ( baker, Kyler, Jalen, now Kaleb) being great athletes and extending the plays, he would have more losses than wins. If you watched any usc this year Williams is making lemonade out of lemons. Riley's plays are not there and it then turns into backyard football. Williams being the best athlete on the field is able to extend drives.
And Williams would have done the same for Lebby more than likely. Jeff’s loss.

There's no question that having Williams would have resulted in more wins for OU this season. However, something to consider: even without him, OU is 17th nationally in total offense, which is pretty respectable. Yes, it would be higher if he was still at OU. However, the team would have arguably been more successful this year with this same offense combined with a defense that was just decent, say top 50 (instead of 100th).

Reactions: Oklabama
There's no question that having Williams would have resulted in more wins for OU this season. However, something to consider: even without him, OU is 17th nationally in total offense, which is pretty respectable. Yes, it would be higher if he was still at OU. However, the team would have arguably been more successful this year with this same offense combined with a defense that was just decent, say top 50 (instead of 100th).
Exactly. Williams at QB would have most likely won three or four more games even with the defense we have. Tech, WVU, Baylor and even Kansas State. If so, Lebby wouldn’t be getting so much grief.

Great quarterbacks have to be great lemonade makers. He's really good at it for his second year of college. He may have cemented the Heisman last night.

Will be interesting to see how Riley does at USC when they move to the Big Ten in a couple of years and out of the weak PAC 12.

Williams will be long gone before that happens. His next QB is more like Rattler than Williams. He will struggle and I bet he's off to the NFL after a year or two. Plus Grinch doesn't want to face big10 offenses, he will jump ship for a head coaching job ASAP.

The b1g is already discussing eliminating the east/west divisions. I have no clue how they will work it out but they will have to have to figure out some sort of pod structure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT