ADVERTISEMENT

"Boomer Sooner" makes some cry, so stop it.

Stupid people will literally look for anything to complain about. Funny how for well over 100 years, nobody had an issue with the phrase/chant. Now all of a sudden, the current generation want to cry about it. I'm willing to bet they are Bernie Sanders supporters too.
Is this the time to float the idea of bringing back "Little Red"? Chuckwagon or Little Red?

In this day and age, I'm not surprised that someone has taken issue with the phrase, but the fact that the measure recieved 13 votes for and 20 against is very alarming. What's next? Will "Hook 'em Horns" bet taken to task because it excludes vegetarians and vegans? Is "Go Pokes" offensive to Native Americans because it glorifies westward expansion into tribal lands? How about "Every Man a Wildcat" at KSU being taken down since it excludes women?

This. Is. Ridiculous.

Same damn people that claim a Black Bass feels pain when hooked, or the same ones that claim lobsters 'feel' pain when immersed in boiling water.

What the idiots won't accept is in both cases, their brains are so small, they aren't sophisticated enough to sense pain.

Yes, I'm talking about the fish and lobster.
To be clear.:D

Reactions: iasooner1
These self-proclaimed rebel PC's are cretins who only take up such "causes" for the chicks.

Haven't you done something really stupid in life to please a chick?

Certainly. But her hotness was well worth the price of stupid.
;)

046-1.jpg

In this day and age, I'm not surprised that someone has taken issue with the phrase, but the fact that the measure recieved 13 votes for and 20 against is very alarming. What's next? Will "Hook 'em Horns" bet taken to task because it excludes vegetarians and vegans? Is "Go Pokes" offensive to Native Americans because it glorifies westward expansion into tribal lands? How about "Every Man a Wildcat" at KSU being taken down since it excludes women?

This. Is. Ridiculous.

Use of the English language at the University of Oklahoma is a move to the erasure of indigenous persons. I vote that all classes be taught in the Caddoan language.

Same damn people that claim a Black Bass feels pain when hooked, or the same ones that claim lobsters 'feel' pain when immersed in boiling water.

What the idiots won't accept is in both cases, their brains are so small, they aren't sophisticated enough to sense pain.

Yes, I'm talking about the fish and lobster.
To be clear.:D

People like to confuse the survival instinct in animals with self-awareness and emotional depth.
These people also like to forget that the human brain developed because our lineage ate meat.
http://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html

These self-proclaimed rebel PC's are cretins who only take up such "causes" for the chicks.

Haven't you done something really stupid in life to please a chick?

Yep, one night at the club, I was the 3rd string OU QB to impress a woman.
She bit and I had to explain that since it was Saturday and we'd played K-State there, I was already back home because the QBs got to drive their own cars to away games.
I lied, she was very gullible.

Perfect fit.:eek:

Next thing you know these SJW's would want OU athletic teams to take "Sooners" out of their name. Should we stop referring to Oklahoma as the Sooner state? SMH.

I can most likely find or create something either "offensive" or not "politically correct" with every mascot, chant or school song at any level. We have taken political correctness way beyond the point of being ridiculous in this country. People need to put their big boy pants on and start using common sense. I'm so sick of these liberal whining wimps. As for OU, if you don't like Boomer Sooner, then go sing Kum Bah Ya at some cafe latte liberal arts college.

I can most likely find or create something either "offensive" or not "politically correct" with every mascot, chant or school song at any level. We have taken political correctness way beyond the point of being ridiculous in this country. People need to put their big boy pants on and start using common sense. I'm so sick of these liberal whining wimps. As for OU, if you don't like Boomer Sooner, then go sing Kum Bah Ya at some cafe latte liberal arts college.

Yep, I was hoping I'd be dead before the inevitable law against men...
'Illegal possession of testosterone'.:eek:

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT