ADVERTISEMENT

Beware calling 866 2 RIVALS now just dumps you into YAHOO where you need YAHOO email address

Floridan

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2003
I have been with this site for over 12 years but I use my company laptop as I travel constantly. Unfortunately it still has old Internet Explorer which I am not allowed to update/change. My company is one of top 10 in the world for number of employees so wonder how many others will also have issues with the new site. Well I guess that's my problem but to now call and find out if I have any other options was the real nightmare.
If you try to call 1 866 2 RIVALS (it is now all owned by YAHOO) a computer voice that can't recognize the phrase Sooner Scoop.com (or probably many other of their 1000 sites) so it dumps you into YAHOO troubleshooting which requires you to have a YAHOO eMail address to advance through system. Tried 3 times with no luck. Finally called and said RIVALS which got me to line of questions about my Rivals info which eventually got me to a real person. Told them my problem and basically was told sorry but you should update your worthless Internet Explorer. Told them, I can't really do that so can I get refund ? No ! You can cancel for the future but since you took the better YEARLY rate back in the spring and paid for a whole year, you don't get any money back if you cancel. They offered 3 months free (if I stay on auto-bill ) at the end of my current subscription which means they give me next APRIL, MAY and JUNE free, woopee ! My biggest complaint is just how many customers pay for these RIVAL sites BUT EVEN CALLING 866 RIVALS DOESN'T MERIT A SEPARATE PHONE LINE ! Has to be lumped into the YAHOO troubleshooting line.

I have been with this site for over 12 years but I use my company laptop as I travel constantly. Unfortunately it still has old Internet Explorer which I am not allowed to update/change. My company is one of top 10 in the world for number of employees so wonder how many others will also have issues with the new site. Well I guess that's my problem but to now call and find out if I have any other options was the real nightmare.
If you try to call 1 866 2 RIVALS (it is now all owned by YAHOO) a computer voice that can't recognize the phrase Sooner Scoop.com (or probably many other of their 1000 sites) so it dumps you into YAHOO troubleshooting which requires you to have a YAHOO eMail address to advance through system. Tried 3 times with no luck. Finally called and said RIVALS which got me to line of questions about my Rivals info which eventually got me to a real person. Told them my problem and basically was told sorry but you should update your worthless Internet Explorer. Told them, I can't really do that so can I get refund ? No ! You can cancel for the future but since you took the better YEARLY rate back in the spring and paid for a whole year, you don't get any money back if you cancel. They offered 3 months free (if I stay on auto-bill ) at the end of my current subscription which means they give me next APRIL, MAY and JUNE free, woopee ! My biggest complaint is just how many customers pay for these RIVAL sites BUT EVEN CALLING 866 RIVALS DOESN'T MERIT A SEPARATE PHONE LINE ! Has to be lumped into the YAHOO troubleshooting line.

I have found that contacting your state's attorney generals office will get results and action. Most States have an online form that you can fill out and they will take action. I was slammed with my phone service and was getting nowhere and the run around big time and after the AG office got involved I got a refund and an apology real quick and they finally had to admit to lying and no proof of switching over to their service. It was a pain in the butt until I let the AG office handle it. It was awesome seeing them change their tune real quick.

ADVERTISEMENT