ADVERTISEMENT

Best Pet Names

Years ago my best friend had a Doberman named Lucifer. It was appropriate.

The best name for any dog or cat is Fokker. When they get into things you can call them "lil Fokker", when the female has puppies or kittens they are "mother Fokker", and so on and so forth.

What I call my neighbors cat that won't stay off our property and the other neighbors dog that wakes me up early in the morning barking I cannot say here lol

What I call my neighbors cat that won't stay off our property and the other neighbors dog that wakes me up early in the morning barking I cannot say here lol

A cat that won't stay off your property? The barking dog thing, I can see why that's a problem, but a cat wandering on your property bothers you? What, specifically, is the cat doing on your property that is so bothersome? Just curious.

Oh my cat urine is the worst. A few years ago I was helping my brother in law clean out an old office building his dad purchased. It had been empty for some time and a cat or cats had been living in one of the offices. The smell was so bad you cannot even imagine.

Crapping on the driveway and flower beds. Also where I live its a code violation to let any pet wander around without a leash, yes cats included.

Thanks 67. I figured it had something to do with the cat's pissing in the flower bed. I've never seen a cat drop a deuce on concrete, but we have to spray some animal repellent on some of the wife's flower beds to keep our cat from rooting around in there. We spray the flower beds to keep the deer, rabbits, etc. from eating her flowers.

Thanks 67. I figured it had something to do with the cat's pissing in the flower bed. I've never seen a cat drop a deuce on concrete, but we have to spray some animal repellent on some of the wife's flower beds to keep our cat from rooting around in there. We spray the flower beds to keep the deer, rabbits, etc. from eating her flowers.

Lol yep he dropped a duece right by the Gf's CRV. Just glad she did not step in it, I guess when you have one in the chamber it makes no difference where it drops ha ha

Has anyone actually witnessed a cat on a leash walking their neighborhood?

In Naperville, we had an old cranky bitch that lived across the street and she harassed everyone. One day, while I was mowing my front yard, she approached me complaining about our cat walking freely about. She claimed it upset her cat and that her cat would watch our cat through her front window and it drove it crazy. Allegedly her cat was so upset that she claimed it required medication to 'calm' it down. I laughed at her and continued to mow my yard. She was one crazy ass neighbor. Yes, Naperville has leash laws, but still to this day I have yet to ever see a cat on a leash in a neighborhood. Any neighborhood.

As to Best Pet Names, Mine/Ours has always captured the hopefully best traits of each of the individuals we've had over the years. Right now we have 5 y/o Pearl, a black beauty 1/2 redbone coon hound, maybe .25 greyhound & .25 black lab. She is the sweetest shelter pup we've ever rescued/adopted from a shelter, a perfect addition to the family.

Zero - cats don't go on long walks....they cross the room and look at you with that "f**k you" face. A neighbor has two english bulldogs...Winston and Churchill.

Yeah you are probably right. I did have a cat that liked to go on walks with me though. I was just hoping to re-create the long march with Chairman Meow.

Has anyone actually witnessed a cat on a leash walking their neighborhood?

In Naperville, we had an old cranky bitch that lived across the street and she harassed everyone. One day, while I was mowing my front yard, she approached me complaining about our cat walking freely about. She claimed it upset her cat and that her cat would watch our cat through her front window and it drove it crazy. Allegedly her cat was so upset that she claimed it required medication to 'calm' it down. I laughed at her and continued to mow my yard. She was one crazy ass neighbor. Yes, Naperville has leash laws, but still to this day I have yet to ever see a cat on a leash in a neighborhood. Any neighborhood.

I have never seen a cat on a leash either in my neighborhood but they are still not allowed to roam freely. I have almost run over my neighbors cat 3 times in the street and saw a car a few days ago almost hit it. Not to mention we have coyotes that frequent the neighborhood, I have seen them at night as well as during the day. I guess his name is Lucky. I told my neighbor that I alsmost ran over it because it ran out in front of my jeep and he just looked at me like oh well. People that let their pets wander around obviously do not care about them or their neighbors. I have never owned a cat but have had many dogs in my lifetime. My favs were a Doberman and a black Cocker Spaniel I named Marino, smartest dog I ever had. The Dobermans name was Missy, named by my older sister. I had a friend in HS that had a Doberman named Cayenne like the pepper and that dog was pure evil, fitting name for it.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I have never seen a cat on a leash either in my neighborhood but they are still not allowed to roam freely. I have almost run over my neighbors cat 3 times in the street and saw a car a few days ago almost hit it. Not to mention we have coyotes that frequent the neighborhood, I have seen them at night as well as during the day. I guess his name is Lucky. I told my neighbor that I alsmost ran over it because it ran out in front of my jeep and he just looked at me like oh well. People that let their pets wander around obviously do not care about them or their neighbors. I have never owned a cat but have had many dogs in my lifetime. My favs were a Doberman and a black Cocker Spaniel I named Marino, smartest dog I ever had. The Dobermans name was Missy, named by my older sister. I had a friend in HS that had a Doberman named Cayenne like the pepper and that dog was pure evil, fitting name for it.

I nicknamed my neighbors dog Artful Dodger after the Dickens character. That dog has nearly been hit a dozen times. Runs straight for the wheels and at the last second dodges.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I nicknamed my neighbors dog Artful Dodger after the Dickens character. That dog has nearly been hit a dozen times. Runs straight for the wheels and at the last second dodges.

Ha ha! I have seen many do that when I used to live in the sticks. I knew a guy years ago that had a mutt named Ringo, best squirrel dog in the world. He chased cars all the time until one day he got hit by one, after that everytime you saw him on the road, dirt roads mainly, he would walk into the ditch wait till you passed and then get back on the road and start on his way again.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Not mine but I remember an uncle that had a dog named Budweiser. He had brought him to a great aunts house for a wake for my step-dad. She was a great old gal and she was a great Sooner fan. I learned to love the Sooners by sitting with her in Maysville and listening on the radio to the games. She didn't take up smoking til she was in her 70's and she smoked like a chimney(Benson & Hedges if I remember). She was sitting in the kitchen puffing away when the uncle showed up and announced that he had brought Budweiser with him and of course she said," well just bring it in and put in the fridge." Well that gave everyone a good laugh and help break the gloom of the day.

I had a Crazy ass Doberman I named after the Gary Oldman character on True Romance.

200_s.gif

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT