ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam has run its course...

SEC teams are notorious about that. I hope we don’t follow that trend.
I expect OU and Texas to schedule weak OOC schedules after joining the SEC with a few exceptions......like they're doing now.
The "pay for slay" money for weak teams to play elite teams is here to stay......and it also is an easy win in the quest for bowl eligibility.

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner2000
Epic butthurt on Gundy's part.

- Gundy will miss receiving the share of money that OU generates from TV revenues and bowl games. Nobody likes watching their meal ticket walk out the door.

- He'll miss the guaranteed sell out every other year. Those are hard to come by at BPS.

- He'll never live down the fact that OSU tried to change conferences but nobody else (Pac, Big 10, or SEC) wanted them.

As an aside while he's whining about OU's overtures to the SEC, I guess he expected OU to ask his permission first? What an assclown.
Agreed. Why Boren tried to set the precedent that OU/OSU was a package deal is something I will never understand. I think that gave OSU a false sense of hope that we would stay together forever.

• Haha
Agreed. Why Boren tried to set the precedent that OU/OSU was a package deal is something I will never understand. I think that gave OSU a false sense of hope that we would stay together forever.
I don't understand the hurt feelings. Wtf?

Pretty sure the discontinuation of Bedlam is only in football.

Although the football series may be coming to an end soon, Castiglione said he and Weiberg have had productive conversations and the two are confident the universities will continue playing the Bedlam series in all other sports.

"(Bedlam ending) is one of the consequences of OU’s decision (to join the SEC)," Weiberg said. "It’s disappointing for the people of the state of Oklahoma."

Something smells in here. You guys smell it? Smells like Pork Whine and Cheese. 🤣🤣🤣
Dave doesn't seem to be taking the break up too well. Its gonna be fine lil buddy.
FdT6WPnWQAAnEyF

Is Bedlam just football?

DavidAllen in the house. Greetings.

I'm old enough to remember when "Bedlam" referred exclusively to OU/OSU Wrastlin'. Somewhere along the way, it was redefined as anytime / any sport when the two schools play.

So, to answer your question, YES, Bedlam is just football. :cool:

• Haha
DavidAllen in the house. Greetings.

I'm old enough to remember when "Bedlam" referred exclusively to OU/OSU Wrastlin'. Somewhere along the way, it was redefined as anytime / any sport when the two schools play.

So, to answer your question, YES, Bedlam is just football. :cool:
David was asking for some grease. 🤣

Oklabama,
@davidallen aka sc@dodge is the poke24/7 politics board expert of any/every facet of SJW life & former Google fame.
Taking up massive space in the far Portland burbs but not any buss loads of illegals, yet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT