ADVERTISEMENT

Banned on UT board by request?

rkhufu7

Walk-on candidate
Aug 28, 2002
looks like I was banned there because I said Watson was not a good QB recruiter and is sold on a WC offense despite being told to run spread. I think he will lead to Strong being fired. He is recruiting undersized and questionable dual threat kids at QB. That is all I did, along with saying I predicted that Brown and Gray are system backs and would never be great and I was 100% correct. Horn fans can't take the truth.

I think Gray might have made it to being a pretty good college back if not for the injuries.

As for quarterbacking, Strong had a pretty good track record at Louisville. I suspect he knows what to look for. He's kind of like Bob. He's a defensive guy who lets the offensive staff run the offense. But he knows what he wants from his quarterback and usually gets it.

Reactions: TexShoe
looks like I was banned there because I said Watson was not a good QB recruiter and is sold on a WC offense despite being told to run spread. I think he will lead to Strong being fired. He is recruiting undersized and questionable dual threat kids at QB. That is all I did, along with saying I predicted that Brown and Gray are system backs and would never be great and I was 100% correct. Horn fans can't take the truth.

Dang, had to be more to it. Sooner fans call us names all the time on our own board and nothing happens.

Gray has been such a huge disappointment. I don't think it is due to just injuries. He is just so easy to bring down. Really like the kid because he is such a hard worker but I would consider him a average back at best.

Malcolm Brown was such a hard runner but no lateral movement, zero cutting ability. Combined, 2 of the biggest disappointments that I can ever remember. Still a fan because of their work ethic.

Reactions: TexShoe
You should tell them about your multiple degrees from UT. Maybe they'll then take it easier on you.

That's not why you were banned, you couldn't stop with the lame clown act. I'll admit when posters are banned for no reason, but you are not one of them. You ran back over here to get your badge of honor, for getting banned. Hooray for you, you're the man. And you fooled no one, as you pretended to be a Texas fan.

That's not why you were banned, you couldn't stop with the lame clown act. I'll admit when posters are banned for no reason, but you are not one of them. You ran back over here to get your badge of honor, for getting banned. Hooray for you, you're the man. And you fooled no one, as you pretended to be a Texas fan.
eh....unless things have changed over there in the last 18 months, it wasn't a place to visit...which really is a shame for those people that own sites and like *clicks* on the free board.

Maybe they just ban people who talk crazy.

Watson was not a good QB recruiter
Based on what?

sold on a WC offense despite being told to run spread
What little they did show us in the Spring Game included more QB designed plays, wider splits by the receivers and more TE involvement.

He is recruiting undersized and questionable dual threat kids at QB
Here are his two QB commits since being at Texas. They aren't huge but definitely fit the mold of a spread QB.

Kai Locksley 6'3" 188lb Athlete/Dual Threat
Offers FSU, Bama, Auburn, Baylor, Miami, Mich State +15 other Big5 schools

Shane Buechelle 6'2" 185lb Dual Threat
OU, Cal, KSU, TCU +10 other Big5 schools

His last commits at Louisville were 6'3/200, 6'4"/185, 6'3"/195, 6'3"/230. Two were dual threat and two were Pro.

Reading is FUNdamental
http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2014...-shawn-watson-part-i-an-excerpt-from-the-2014

He only has had Bridgewater, they want to copy OSU and they QBs he's recruiting are no where near Trevor Knight's ability as runners and to run and Oregon. Auburn or OSU spread you need runner first and all the OSU QBs are at least 210 on signing. Calling plays and formation ain't the spread, it is a system. That is why OU has a new OC, because he could not adjust to a true running spread like Oregon, Auburn and OSU or even BYU or Arizona.

I don't think you need a runner first in an Auburn style spread, I think you need a true dual threat. Heard may be closer to a dual threat than Knight or Mayfield.

Knight is a threat to run but when he puts the ball in the air it's anyone's guess which team is coming down with it. When Knight throws the ball, 43% of the time it is either incomplete or intercepted.

In Mayfield you have a Texas Tech style spread QB who has a little better completion percentage (64), but still throws a lot of picks and has only averaged 2.2 YPC rushing.

On the surface it appears you have one QB that can spread the ball around but not a threat to run and Knight who is a serious threat to run, but really doesn't scare anyone with his arm.

Well, as to the OP, I tried to get banned there about a year ago.
I got plum ornery about it too. Said some stuff that was just over the top yoogly.
(like, we've thought about suicide, now, if we could just get you to pull the trigger, yep, like that)

What can I say, I really tried hard and still my infectious charm came through anyway.
Damn! :D

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT