ADVERTISEMENT

BAKER!

I didn't remember the game was on. But l've watched the highlights. That may be the most amazing NFL football story of the season.

If you weren't aware of, Baker got himself to LA in time for one walk thru practice, didn't start, but came in with the Rams doown 13-3. Eventuallly 16-3.

Wearing number 17 in the 4th quarter, he engineered two touchdown drives including the second for 98 yards in less than two minutes, culminated by a 20 something yard throw with under 20 seconds left.

It was ridiculously impossibe, but it happened. Just amazing.

Baker is good for one or two of these signature performances per season (especially when he has a chip on his shoulder after being doubted or traded), then he inevitably reverts back to a performance level commensurate with playing in the USFL or CFL. We'll see if this go-around is any different, but I doubt it.

Baker is good for one or two of these signature performances per season (especially when he has a chip on his shoulder after being doubted or traded), then he inevitably reverts back to a performance level commensurate with playing in the USFL or CFL. We'll see if this go-around is any different, but I doubt it.
I don't know if you're right or not. But he has some weaknesses in his pro game. Being short of 6'1 makes it hard for him to be a pocket passer, but his accuracy can be inconsistent when he's flushed. Last night the Raiders' defense wasn't geared to play against his strengths and weaknesses.

I read a post elsewhere last night that the Rams hc may be somebody that he could be great for. Baker's greatest strength is that he's really smart. And the Rams' offense is maybe the most complicated in football. It might be a perfect fit.

He was incredible last night in the 4th quarter. But the miracle wouldn't have happened, if not for several crucial dumb Raiders penalties.

I didn't remember the game was on. But l've watched the highlights. That may be the most amazing NFL football story of the season.

If you weren't aware of, Baker got himself to LA in time for one walk thru practice, didn't start, but came in with the Rams doown 13-3. Eventuallly 16-3.

Wearing number 17 in the 4th quarter, he engineered two touchdown drives including the second for 98 yards in less than two minutes, culminated by a 20 something yard throw with under 20 seconds left.

It was ridiculously impossibe, but it happened. Just amazing.
Way to go Bake! I love hearing positive input.

The end of the game is on NFL Network until 5:00.

For whatever reason, Kirk Herbstreit is the color guy rather than Collinsworth.

Last edited:
I don't know if you're right or not. But he has some weaknesses in his pro game. Being short of 6'1 makes it hard for him to be a pocket passer, but his accuracy can be inconsistent when he's flushed. Last night the Raiders' defense wasn't geared to play against his strengths and weaknesses.

I read a post elsewhere last night that the Rams hc may be somebody that he could be great for. Baker's greatest strength is that he's really smart. And the Rams' offense is maybe the most complicated in football. It might be a perfect fit.

He was incredible last night in the 4th quarter. But the miracle wouldn't have happened, if not for several crucial dumb Raiders penalties.

What might work out for him is the Rams coach is supposed to be good at developing QBs.

Kyler Murray and Tua are guys who rely partly on their running threat to open up passing lanes. Especially Kyler.

Brees was amazing and he had a offensive minded coach that made for the perfect offensive combo.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Kyler Murray and Tua are guys who rely partly on their running threat to open up passing lanes. Especially Kyler.

Brees was amazing and he had a offensive minded coach that made for the perfect offensive combo.
Drew Brees was a baller and as consistent as any qb ever.

He was also the Gatorade Player of the Year in Texas, his senior year at Westlake but not a single Big XII team offered him. If Bob had been OU's coach 4 years earlier, I'll bet he would have gone to OU. Boo didn't know what offense he wanted to run. On a weekly basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT