ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Bass

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
I see he is the only one that hasnt signed. Is he heading someplace else? He is one of the best athletes from the state of Oklahoma.

Didn't he sustain a knee injury during the playoffs? Probably the reason a preferred walk-on rather than a scholly.

Reactions: Oklabama
Dude, don’t be turning your nose up at Andy Bass. He’s a great athlete and kid.
Walk ons just don't move the needle much for me. Georgia, Bama and the rest of the Major Programs signing studs yet at OU DNA we are excited about walk ons. Again, meh.

Last edited:
Walk ons just don't move the needle much for me. Georgia, Bama and the rest of the Major Programs signing studs yet at OU DNA we are excited about walk ons. Again, meh.
Don’t dismiss the phenomenal walk on program that Nebraska had in the 90’s. If you can convince a great player from the state to walk on, you win as a state program in more ways than one. This is especially true when kids like Bass could have gone to many other D1 programs on schollie but chose to stay home and walk on. Drake Stoops would agree.

Your opinion. That’s fine of course. I just hope that he is a pleasant surprise for all of us. It’s not like we are counting on him or any other walk ons. OU doesn’t have to rely on that.

The former OU and Tech walk on just won NFC offensive player of the week. We've had a handful of GREAT walk ons, including OUr last natty team in 2000. One was a captain.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Might be wise to develop a walk-on program where at least one or two players can be worthy contributors each year in this age of transfer portals and early NFL exits.
One name I recall was TE Trent Ratteree who walked on in 2008 and had some quality production in his time at OU. Wish we had him now.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Might be wise to develop a walk-on program where at least one or two players can be worthy contributors each year in this age of transfer portals and early NFL exits.
One name I recall was TE Trent Ratteree who walked on in 2008 and had some quality production in his time at OU. Wish we had him now.
He had like 3 career touchdowns at OU

Don’t dismiss the phenomenal walk on program that Nebraska had in the 90’s. If you can convince a great player from the state to walk on, you win as a state program in more ways than one. This is especially true when kids like Bass could have gone to many other D1 programs on schollie but chose to stay home and walk on. Drake Stoops would agree.
And since the NCAA can't enforce schooling rules any more since the creation of NIL, what's a scholarship really worth? Let's face it, these days less than half these kids go to school for an education. In the P5 conferences as I see it. CFB is moving fast towards crap. Just watch the player interviews in the NFL and NBA! Most can't construct or speak coherent language.

Last edited:
He’s hurt he messed his acl up I believe.so for all you guys out there thinking he’s going to be our savior ….. how many people who tear acls every turn out better ….. I would dimmer your hopes .

He’s hurt he messed his acl up I believe.so for all you guys out there thinking he’s going to be our savior ….. how many people who tear acls every turn out better ….. I would dimmer your hopes .
“dimmer” 😂. That’s a good one.

I could think of one:
Adrian Peterson
If we are relying on a PWO to be our saviour going into the SEC, then there's a problem

Baker, Stoops, Stutsman - all walk ons, all became sensational. I’m sure if you go back through the stats there are plenty of other really good players that were walk ons we never talk about.

If Andy didn’t come here was was going to go be the next “that guy” at K State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT