ADVERTISEMENT

#91 Chamberlain has the record

I think the ball landed in Tishamingo.

Actually, Sanger TX. They were playing in Denton. This team isn't exactly sprinting home. UNT is awful, and they led into the fourth inning. The Sooners started Kelsey Stevens and she pitched five innings and got the win. Lots of base runners and a two run homer allowed in B2.

After Chamberlain's fourth inning dinger gave OU the lead, Stevens pitched two more eventful innings. Then Parker came in and pitched two hitless innings. Don't think they call it a save when the lead is four, but she certainly closed the door.

UNT decided to pitch to Chamberlain, which hasn't been done much recently. She was two for four with a ringing double and a strike out. Pendley walked twice, hit a sac fly and was hitless, 0-1. Again, the rest of the lineup ain't doing much. This time, it was against a team that is 8-12 in the C-USA West Division and is 16-30 for the season.

This weekend, the Sooners host somebody called Utah Valley on Saturday and Sunday. Then next weekend, come alternating games in Stillwater and Norman to end the regular season. I just wonder if they aren't playing themselves out of hosting the Supers.

The conference overall isn't thriving. And the Sooners aren't being extra impressive against a weak end of the season schedule. One thing that should pick up. The pressure for the record should be totally off of Lauren. Maybe her bat will perk up a little.

There is no telling how many homers Lauren would have had. She lost quite a few games last year with the injury and for most of this year the pitchers have been really stingy with their pitches to her. Don't know how many games she has had multiple walks because they don't want to pitch to her. I think it was the last osu game where Lauren got four walks out of four times at bat.

I think Lauren should have been hitting either in the 3rd or 4th spots all this year. Patty thought she would get more at bats as the lead off hitter, but I think she would have had way more opportunities with runners on the bases. Might have forced the opposing pitchers to actually try to get an out with her on the plate and runners on the bases. In the long run I suspect it is pretty much a wash as teams simply don't want to pitch to her, period.

Reactions: Medic007
Roy I love her batting lead off, especially with Pendley batting second. Giving your best two hitters as many ABs as possible has more than a little merit.

I know that great minds don't always agree, but I really dislike a lot about how Patti makes out her lineup. Especially when she pitches, I think it's a huge mistake to bat Parker third for more than one reason. And she keeps swapping people around, so that nobody, except those two now, know pretty much every game where they're going to be hitting.

I think you hit better when you kind of get into a groove of your role in the batting order. OUr girls don't get that. Patti seems to take the results of the last ten days and move players up or down depending on who has been doing well recent short term. She's obviously a highly successful softball coach, so who am I? But I do disagree. Maybe some of these girls have some complacency to deal with. Don't know.

I just think it would be a shame if Lauren leaves OU with only one NC. She's not as good a hitter as she was her soph and freshman year. The back injury has to be managed and it's something she's going to have to deal with. But she is the greatest player ever at OU, with all due respect to Keilani. Great defensive player. OUtstanding base runner. Makes pitchers throw her strikes.

BTW, they have batted her lower in the order, but she tends to hit better batting leadoff. Little Pendley led off the first half of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT